Home

INCREDIBLE CUSTOMIZATION just announced for APF 2K8! Edit your team and logo! YES!!!

This is a discussion on INCREDIBLE CUSTOMIZATION just announced for APF 2K8! Edit your team and logo! YES!!! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2007, 02:39 PM   #73
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: INCREDIBLE CUSTOMIZATION just announced for APF 2K8! Edit your team and logo! YES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
Can we please not talk about the NFL and its EA contract? That topic has been beaten to death.

Let's talk about customization possibilities. I hope its in-depth and allows people to make designs a la Forza.
I doubt that. I think it's going to be more like NCAA create-a-team on current gen. You can pick a logo and change it to any color you want. Pretty cool tho.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:40 PM   #74
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: INCREDIBLE CUSTOMIZATION just announced for APF 2K8! Edit your team and logo! YES

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverdawk
I already answered this once but I`ll say it again.Your right it won't effect madden sales this year.But it may for the next couple of years once everyone sees what we already know.THAT MADDEN ISN"T NEXT GEN.I believe the nfl will not be so quick to hand ea the license next time around.This game will impact ea if it is what I think it is.Of course we haven't seen it in motion yet but 2k has always exceeded our expectations.
Please...Even if this game is the greatest football game ever it still isnt the NFL and thats what the large majority of football game consumers want. This game wont effect Madden's sales until 2k gets the NFL license back and thats unlikely to happen since EA is more than willing to pay the same or more than what they did before, the NFL loves exclusive deals and Take Two is having serious money problems.

The only thing that this game is likely to do is push Madden to innovate and add more features to the game quicker than they would have before.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:43 PM   #75
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The only thing that this game is likely to do is push Madden to innovate and add more features to the game quicker than they would have before.
i couldnt have said it better myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2007, 02:45 PM   #76
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I'm really hoping for color customization as well as various striping choice options - think Denver Broncos side swath, Oregon Ducks, etc. The team Bryce Paup is playing on has unique side striping it seems. Either way, if they give the option to choose colors, numbering highlights, striping, etc. I'd go crazy. Would be cool if they allow you to edit every team and different fonts but that's doubtful. But if you can take it online, it's be cool to see the designs people come up with - would be like showing off car designs in Forza.

Really like that they're going to have varying sock lengths also
I think the designs themselves are fine. It's just the number font is too small.....and really doesn't give off the "pro" feeling we're used too.

Notice how much space the numbers take on the jerseys. Just gives off a more professional look.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:45 PM   #77
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
And unfortunately too many people accept that

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 06-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #78
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I think the designs themselves are fine. It's just the number font is too small.....and really doesn't give off the "pro" feeling we're used too.

Notice how much space the numbers take on the jerseys. Just gives off a more professional look.
Good point. That's the point DQ was making. Definitely can see it in the pics

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 06-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #79
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
i'm fine with that. this is what a lot of big companies do. Smaller companies have the innovated ideas but the big company take those ideas and expand. It happens in every industry and being that I've been in both situations in my professional career i except it.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:49 PM   #80
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
We have no choice. I didnt buy Madden until the exclusive deal kicked in. I love NFL football and want to play a game that has NFL players and teams. If you want that you have to play Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »