Home

For those of you disappointed with the graphics in the trailer...

This is a discussion on For those of you disappointed with the graphics in the trailer... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2007, 01:59 PM   #9
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: For those of you disappointed with the graphics in the trailer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash22
Its because you don't recognise any of them or their colors schemes. Sorry no Authentic Jets Jerseys "THEY DONT HAVE THE NFL LICENSE" just incase no one told you.
chill junior...maybe the guy just doesn't actually like the style they went with for jerseys. People are allowed to have opinions here you know. No reason to jump to conclusions and try to assume what he/she is thinking..
Old 06-12-2007, 02:08 PM   #10
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyKing
The names and numbers fonts look a bit off
This is probably the biggest issue that I have with the jerseys. I'm not worried about the color and design of the jerseys as long as we can edit each and every team... but if we can't change the font of the names and numbers, it will still look a bit off regardless of how cool we design and color the uniforms.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:16 PM   #11
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

This is my thing...When dude (VC Guy G. Thomas) first came out with info about 2K8, he stated they would be using an updated version of the 2K5 engine, so I'm not quite sure what people were expecting??? Let me tell you what I was expecting, 2K5 in high res, more polygons, more animations!

Plus, I guess people being disappointed with game is the nature of the beast, but I personally don't feel the real gameplay battle will be until next year anyway. The only even areas 2K and Madden can be judged on is in presentation, animations, and gameplay( Im sure there are others, but those are the first that come to mind), and I don't think this battle will heat up until next year anyway.

As a person who has purchased 2K games since the Dreamcast, I'm just glad the series is back!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2007, 02:26 PM   #12
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

but the question is, will they push enough units to warrant a return next year? Although Blitz sold close to a million can APF do the same? Plus, realistically I doubt 2k will get a shot at getting back the NFL license as EA will probably renegotiate with the NFL and just keep it for another 5 years...

I think if they had just gone with a totally fictional league with a cool franchise mode the game would have turned out great... this legend thing will probably be really hit or miss... only time will tell which way it turns out.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:27 PM   #13
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
This is probably the biggest issue that I have with the jerseys. I'm not worried about the color and design of the jerseys as long as we can edit each and every team... but if we can't change the font of the names and numbers, it will still look a bit off regardless of how cool we design and color the uniforms.
Same here. The jersey number fonts are my biggest problem. They look bad IMO. Reminds me of how NFL Fevers jerseys used to look.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-12-2007, 02:30 PM   #14
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Same here. The jersey number fonts are my biggest problem. They look bad IMO. Reminds me of how NFL Fevers jerseys used to look.
Some of the jersey numbers in the trailer actually looked more normal, though. I agree they need to get those to fit right on the jersey. I don't understand how they would be so out of wack when 2K usatually nailed those type of things in the past.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:34 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
chill junior...maybe the guy just doesn't actually like the style they went with for jerseys. People are allowed to have opinions here you know. No reason to jump to conclusions and try to assume what he/she is thinking..
Chill with the Junior crap ok thanks but your right i worded it wrong i wasn't trying to attack the guy. After i re-read it. it does appear that way, and my bad.

Last edited by smash22; 06-12-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
The lettering is terrible even I admit that. Doesn't make the jerseys look very professional. I still think people are jumping the gun. Its a trailer. Trailers don't make movies so they shouldn't make games either.
I agree. However, the fonts we've seen is what we're going to get unless everything we've seen has been completely old and they're just faking everybody out--which I doubt would be the case.

Quote:
The game will look next gen especially in what its meant to be played in, HD. Plus all of the things going on in the game, chain gangs, refs, sideline interaction, tv style presentation.....
My contention there would be, that we had all of that with 2K5... and we could play in HD, too. This game should look better, but I doubt it will look much better as it should. I'm hoping the game plays the same as 2K5, but I expect the graphics to be far better. They should be; after all, look at how much people are spending on these systems and games. A little better is not enough/fair for the prices folks are paying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »