Home

Great writeup from Pastapadre

This is a discussion on Great writeup from Pastapadre within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 03:47 PM   #9
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Great writeup from Pastapadre

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastapadre
are you kidding me? I never said the HOF glitch wasn't an issue, in fact I called EA out on that as BS. Fred and I also exposed the fatigue glitch and that led to it getting fixed. So please don't make up stuff, I've always been completely honest with reporting on the game from community days and such.

Regardless of whether someone things I slant EA (which is silly to me...I like what I like but I feel I'm fair) I'm curious if anyone disagrees with the points I made in this article?
I would wait till I have actually seen the game in action personally or played it to make such a assertion on if the game is worth a purchase or not
Old 06-16-2007, 03:50 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
I would wait till I have actually seen the game in action personally or played it to make such a assertion on if the game is worth a purchase or not
The point of the article isn't to distinguish whether its worth a purchase or not, but more so the decision making behind the game in general and the position it is in now (in terms of relying on this release to determine if they should make another). Whether the game is "worth" a purchase is far different than whether it is appealing enough to consumers.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:58 PM   #11
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
The point of the article isn't to distinguish whether its worth a purchase or not, but more so the decision making behind the game in general and the position it is in now (in terms of relying on this release to determine if they should make another). Whether the game is "worth" a purchase is far different than whether it is appealing enough to consumers.
I stongly disagree it would be smart to sell a football game after the Super Bowl.

I also disagree with the statemtent you make that the game is being "rushed".

Also don't know how you can say :
Quote:
why are they pushing out a bare bones game that has no depth? This is a game that has no franchise mode, lacks presentation, doesn’t have full customization options, has little to no commentary improvements, and has mediocre graphics all with a $60 price tag.
Without seeing the final release. Franchise mode I got. But until you see it in motion, it's premature to say there's no presentation and the game has mediocre graphics.

I disagree with you that they turned their backs on their customers, and I definitely disagree with you that they cut their losses and feel this is a lost cause. I can tell you with a decent amount of certainty that's not true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2007, 03:59 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
I'm curious if anyone disagrees with the points I made in this article?
Points? What points? All I read was speculation and supposition. Nothing at all factual from what I read. "I believe this because of that, Chau said this but I think that." This whole "op-ed" was .. .well let's just say that I didn't glean anything objective about the whole piece and didn't come away "enriched" from my reading experience.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:02 PM   #13
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Pasta was pretty much right on. APF doesn't have any feature that just couldnt be done on current gen, save maybe real time injuries or something of that ilk.

Tomb, you keep talking about gameplay, yet this writeup isnt, its talking about the game being barebones and stripped of features. You say imaginations ran wild yet what 2k has delivered here failed to reach even the most realistic of expectations. You mention no one has seen the game, well if those who have seen it say "its a slightly improved version of 2k5" then I'd like to think i've played enough of that game over the past 3 years to get the gist of what APF will be.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:02 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
Points? What points? All I read was speculation and supposition. Nothing at all factual from what I read. "I believe this because of that, Chau said this but I think that." This whole "op-ed" was .. .well let's just say that I didn't glean anything objective about the whole piece and didn't come away "enriched" from my reading experience.
I don't presume that my opinion is "fact". I do think there is a lot of merit to those points though.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:02 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Regardless of whether someone thinks I slant EA (which is silly to me...I like what I like but I feel I'm fair) I'm curious if anyone disagrees with the points I made in this article?
please your write up was more like a personal beef, then providing informative information about the game. You said nothing positve (doesn't surprise me)! Many people "who have played it" made both pros and cons about the game. Your statements where as if you are trying to convince people not to get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2007, 04:09 PM   #16
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
I don't presume that my opinion is "fact". I do think there is a lot of merit to those points though.
I disagree. Nothing more than speculation and opinion. Most of which aren't really based on anything. I am with you when it comes to no franchise and the price tag, other than that, most of those opinions/theories were stretches to say the least. I also believe your bias towards EA football games, was very influential.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »