Home

Cinemotion: Yes or "dQ, you're nuts?"

This is a discussion on Cinemotion: Yes or "dQ, you're nuts?" within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2007, 02:49 PM   #1

OVR: 34
Cinemotion: Yes or "dQ, you're nuts?"

I actually liked the concept (I repeat concept) of Cinemotion in NHL 2K7 and while I know it APF is finished and won't have it, I think it would have been a neat feature to have a storyline that played out in a somewhat cinematic way.

Especially with the inclusion of Legends, I would be thinking of a more older NFL Films feel. Of course, all of the NFL music is in the exclusive, so that'd be out, but I do think a more dynamic, orchestrated feel would have been great for this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2007, 02:55 PM   #2
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Cinemotion: Yes or "dQ, you're nuts?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
I actually liked the concept (I repeat concept) of Cinemotion in NHL 2K7 and while I know it APF is finished and won't have it, I think it would have been a neat feature to have a storyline that played out in a somewhat cinematic way.

Especially with the inclusion of Legends, I would be thinking of a more older NFL Films feel. Of course, all of the NFL music is in the exclusive, so that'd be out, but I do think a more dynamic, orchestrated feel would have been great for this game.
I love the idea. Before I found it it wasn't included, I was hoping it was.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:03 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 21

Not sure what Cinemotion is. Is this anything like Tiburon does with having NFL Films music while a highlight is playing?

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 06-25-2007, 03:04 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Not sure what Cinemotion is. Is this anything like Tiburon does with having NFL Films music while a highlight is playing?
NHL 2K7 had an option to have a movie-like orchestrated soundtrack playing throughout the game that would change depending on how the game was going. They called it Cinemotion.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:08 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Download the NHL2K7 demo and you'll get a taste of what it is.

I actually thought it was a good idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2007, 03:10 PM   #6

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyKing
NHL 2K7 had an option to have a movie-like orchestrated soundtrack playing throughout the game that would change depending on how the game was going. They called it Cinemotion.
Yes, and you could also add your own soundtrack to the mix. It was similiar to giving your on the field accomplisments a sound in NFL 2K5. Not as specific, but it added a nice feel to the game (IMO).

But to answer you question, it was musch more than songs being played during the menus.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:12 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

You're nuts.

It wasn't anything great. Certainly 2k could come up with something better.

How about a dynamic crowd. No football game has ever gotten that right. Maybe the crowd in all of sports games is FIFA or NCAA. But it's just canned sounds at certain period that are kind of lame.

I would love to see if 2k can add dynamic crowds that match the fields. Maybe fans of a certain club have their own chants, sing songs, whatever.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:22 PM   #8
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
You're nuts.

It wasn't anything great. Certainly 2k could come up with something better.

How about a dynamic crowd. No football game has ever gotten that right. Maybe the crowd in all of sports games is FIFA or NCAA. But it's just canned sounds at certain period that are kind of lame.

I would love to see if 2k can add dynamic crowds that match the fields. Maybe fans of a certain club have their own chants, sing songs, whatever.
I like it.

I've yet to play a game where the atmosphere matches the situation. Take MLB 2K7...guy hits 3 HR's, emerges from the dugout for a curtain call only to have a silent crowd. They also have home crowds cheering for the away team (in an unrealstic manner).

I'd love hear the home crowd just go absolutely nuts late in the as the defense is trying to make a key 3rd down stop. I'd love to hear the crowd go from a quiet cheer to a loud roar during a single playas Barry Sanders breaks to the open field. These little things could make the game so much better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »