Home

ALL Pro Football 2K8 Trailer #2

This is a discussion on ALL Pro Football 2K8 Trailer #2 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2007, 07:23 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: New Trailer at 2k Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
there was at least one and possibly two instances in that clip of defenders completely ignoring payton during the high step and running AWAY from him

actually the 2nd one was just a slow mo of the first but it's right after the high step - defender runs by him and then keeps running in opposite direction

More than likely, this was done manually to showcase the move. You probably weren't supposed to notice....
Old 06-30-2007, 10:41 AM   #58
Rookie

Renoathf's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondadda
As soon as I pick which next gen console to get, I will be back running the EJCM on the next gen level.
Well, from what i hear it sounds like the 360 would be the best because it will be running at 60fps as opposed to PS3's 30fps. That would be smoother animations and gameplay on the 360. I wouldn't be surprised if these videos are from the 360 version....it is looking hella sick!!!!!
Old 06-30-2007, 01:06 PM   #59
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Am I the only person who wasn't that impressed with the videos? Maybe I was expecting too much.

I mean, watching the Walter Payton run, that was awesome. But the running animation still bugs me, like it's something that 2K is oblivious to.

I don't know, I mean those were highlight/replay videos and not a movie of an actual play like from the snap to the whistle. 2K sports never really lets me down so I'm not writing off this title yet, but more and it's become a game where I'll have to play the demo first before buying whereas a month ago this game was a buy on the first day game.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:48 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

EA should take note from this game on how to do weather effects. The rain looks phenomenal. And the game's animations look incredible. I still hate their numbers on their jerseys being so tiny and skinny but oh well, I suppose I'll get over it and used to it after a week so not a huge deal. I hope this game does come out the same day as NCAA 08 and it's not delayed 2 weeks like the rumour is. I want to play it sooner rather than later.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-30-2007, 02:02 PM   #61
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: ALL Pro Football 2K8 Trailer #2

Not sure how the rumor got started... the guy at Gamespot just seemed to just not know what the hell he was talking bout... Last timed I checked with EBgames the release was still the same week as NCAA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2007, 03:08 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
EA should take note from this game on how to do weather effects. The rain looks phenomenal. And the game's animations look incredible. I still hate their numbers on their jerseys being so tiny and skinny but oh well, I suppose I'll get over it and used to it after a week so not a huge deal. I hope this game does come out the same day as NCAA 08 and it's not delayed 2 weeks like the rumour is. I want to play it sooner rather than later.
Remember though, you can change all of that by editing the uniforms.

I agree though, I don't know why 2K is obsessed with those skinny numbers.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:16 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Remember though, you can change all of that by editing the uniforms.

I agree though, I don't know why 2K is obsessed with those skinny numbers.
Yeah true, I will do my best to have a different look, if possible. At first I thought it was just a temporary way for them to have numbers, but now I believe it is a conscious design decision, possibly to differentiate their look from the NFL even further. If so, that was unnecessary as the NFL doesn't hold any kind of monopoly on how numbers on a jersey can look (just ask high school teams, college teams, the CFL, and etc etc). Having tiny, skinny numbers is just stupid IMO. It looks silly.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-30-2007, 03:20 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Having tiny, skinny numbers is just stupid IMO. It looks silly.
I agree. We've mentioned before that this is partly the reason the players are coming across so skinny. Besides the arms being a bit smaller, there's two things. One is the very slender/skinny numbers. The other is on most of the legends players faces. They appear a little too big, making the body look like it's trying to keep up. Although, I bet some of these "legends" do have some big heads..lol

I only notice these things because that's just the first thing I look at, appearance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »