Home

How Many Copies Will APF2K8 Sell?

This is a discussion on How Many Copies Will APF2K8 Sell? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How many games will 2k8 sell?
0-100k 4 3.88%
100k-250k 23 22.33%
250k-350k 21 20.39%
350-500k 22 21.36%
500k-1M 22 21.36%
1M+ 11 10.68%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2007, 02:21 PM   #121
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: How Many Copies Will APF2K8 Sell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asween40
I am buying 200 copies to support this great company

who's with me?

how about 150?
Can I have one? I'll pay postage...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2007, 06:44 PM   #122
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerta07
yes , just like years ago when " if it aint nba live it aint selling " . how about you just keep doing what you are doing and shut the **** up kid. you little kids kill me with this internet big talk. ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omerta07
and by the way , maybe you were digging in my drug stash because like everyone here knows and has stated 5 million times : BLITZ SOLD 1 MILLION PLUS. analyze that clown.
Man you need to chill. wtf? I actually disagree with soldier but what the hell did he say to deserve that? Seriously, it's a message board.

BTW, Blitz's total sales were over a million... that includes the 2 current gen consoles. Madden sold only a little over a million on the 360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Can I have one? I'll pay postage...
hell yeah, me too!
Old 07-05-2007, 08:03 PM   #123
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatman242
Take Two is the publisher who owns 2ksports, and they don't pay microsoft a significant amount of money, or give them a piece of every unit sold.

I would like to know what the under 200k copies sold people will say if it's double or triple that number?
Per Wikipedia, it says that typically, the developer gets 20% of royalties, with the rest going to the publisher. In this case, the publisher owns the developer, so it's proably not as steep, maybe 30% or 40%

My buddy is a buyer for Walmart's electronics department and said that on average their margin is about 15-20% of profit on a typical next gen game. So if they sell a game for $60, they keep about $10-$15. It was about $12-$18 on the Xbox and PS2 systems.

So taking the best case scenarion, Take Two/VC is spilliting $50 a game, with VC getting probably $10 and TT getting $40. Being that the producer owns the actual development company, this is probably split a little more equally. Maybe 60/40. So even with that, VC is only getting at most $20/game.

Even if it is a team effort, they still have to pay royalties to over 240 players (of which some may also get a chunk off of the top), pay salaries to probably 50-100 employees, pay for any marketing they have done (which now explains why it is next to non-existant) and any other costs involved in making the game (burning the games, packaging, shipment, etc.)

The bottom line is there isn't a lot of room for these guys to end up in the black without selling a lot of games.

200,000 copies at $50 is $10M for TT and VC.

What do you think the average player received to be in the game? Maybe $10K? I'm sure a lot of players got less, but I'm sure some of the bigger names got enough to bring this number up.

So at about $10K for about 250 players, that is $2.5M. which leaves about $7.5M to pay for everything else.

Anyway, that is my quick, top level financial breakdown.

Last edited by Trevytrev11; 07-05-2007 at 08:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »