Home

I love the 2K football franchise, but the one thing that really bothered me...

This is a discussion on I love the 2K football franchise, but the one thing that really bothered me... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2007, 02:34 PM   #1
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9
I love the 2K football franchise, but the one thing that really bothered me...

was the run physics engine. I hated how when you ran the ball, the player that you're controlling doesn't smoothly transition from one direction to another. I guess this is the term where herky jerky came into play. The one thing that EA always had over 2K was the fluidity of the run mechanics.

Please tell me that 2K fixed this problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: I love the 2K football franchise, but the one thing that really bothered me...

chk out the impressions thread certainly sounds like thats not a problem
Old 07-17-2007, 02:37 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: I love the 2K football franchise, but the one thing that really bothered me...

You mean you hated the fact it takes into account momentum?
Old 07-17-2007, 02:39 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4ever
was the run physics engine. I hated how when you ran the ball, the player that you're controlling doesn't smoothly transition from one direction to another. I guess this is the term where herky jerky came into play. The one thing that EA always had over 2K was the fluidity of the run mechanics.

Please tell me that 2K fixed this problem.
the running game is so much smoother than it was in 2k5.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:42 PM   #5
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dainfamusgc
chk out the impressions thread certainly sounds like thats not a problem

It's not momentum when there were only four directional movements. The runners ran like robots. There is no denying that.

But I'm glad to hear that this issue is finally fixed. Like I said before, I always liked 2k better than EA, except for the run mechanics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2007, 02:46 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4ever
It's not momentum when there were only four directional movements. The runners ran like robots. There is no denying that.
im gonna go ahead and deny it.

esp if you compare the jerkiness of NCAA/Madden. i think a lot of ppl would disagree with you
Old 07-17-2007, 02:51 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 28

EA had ice skating for the longest time. I dont call that fluid. Maybe for hockey. I dont know how it is for this years game though.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:07 PM   #8
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

A lot of people were overblowing this (for example "4 directions") and I think it was mostly b/c of people on the ps2 AND still wanted to play with the dpad. That's just part of the story though. The way madden's physics for everything is set up, some things look smoother but they're the same that make others limiting. The same has been true for the 2k series and while I felt the pluses outweighed the minuses, making quick movements with no momentum weren't very realistic.

I haven't played APF yet but I know the difference between nba2k6 (and up) on the 360 and playing it on the xbox was HUGE in terms of the same sort of physics, so I'd be surprised if you (who are worried about the running) weren't happy. We'll see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »