Home

Damn I wish APF2k8 was a licenced game!

This is a discussion on Damn I wish APF2k8 was a licenced game! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2007, 03:20 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 24
Damn I wish APF2k8 was a licenced game!

Frankly, APF2k8 in its first try is at least 1000% better than Madden next-gen.
It's frightening how big the gap is.
I bought both NCAA and APF2k8 this week - and it's like they're a generation apart where graphics, presentation and menu navigation are concerned.
It baffles me why EA made so many graphical sacrifices (referees, nets, player models, sidelines, lousy looking field for snow and rain games) when I look at APF2k8.
Frankly, APF2k8's graphics are what a next-gen football game should look like.
I'll continue to play NCAA and Madden, because I need real teams and players, but I think APF2k8 will be the clear winner in the video game wars this year.
It almost makes me forget I'm playing a game with fake teams and players.

If you haven't tried this game, run - don't walk - to your nearest store or rental spot and give this sucker a try.

And this is coming from a purely Madden guy. I wasn't crazy about 2k5 ... but think this game is the shiznit.

This post should also be in the NCAA and Madden forums, but I know that would just be starting a war.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2007, 04:11 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Damn I wish APF2k8 was a licenced game!

co sign...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 07-19-2007, 04:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

co sign except work on the graphics from far lol, they do look a lil wack but i still love this game. The graphics are beautiful and stunning in HD 1080P but when they show the far like pre snap it looks downright horrible.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:24 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Agree, except I could care less about the NFL license.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:49 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

The graphics are really a mixed bag in APF2K8. I certainly see more consistency in NCAA 08 overall as far as it looking next-gen. In APF at times it looks brilliant and at other times it looks downright cringe-inducing. Personally I see why EA sacrificed refs, sidelines, etc, it's to make their player models and their uniforms look better overall, on a consistent basis. In All pro they have some nice touches NCAA does not have like rain drops on the helmets, far, FAR better weather, and things like that.

I know there are a lot of people in here who will rip on EA and say this game looks and plays so much superior to their next-gen games but I'm sorry, I don't agree at all. I think each title plays great and has pros and cons and what one does well the other may not.

It's just too bad that these companies can't get together and make a game. But then again, as has been noted, you sacrifice one thing for another a lot of the time and even if they combined resources I doubt we'd see all the great things each title does in that new title. It just doesn't work that way.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2007, 04:52 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

seeing how Im not really a huge football nut, I actually like the fake teams, uni's and stadiums a whole lot better than well known NFL aspects. This game is much more appealling to the casual NFL video game player. But its a very realistic game of football, which makes it an amazing game.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:52 PM   #7
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Agree, except I could care less about the NFL license.
agree..madden is stale and dry, and sells millions due to its nfl license. Madden needs that license more than this does.

the nfl was the one that went to EA to sell the exclusive license. By everything they've said, they are very happy with that arrangement. The NFL license won't be open for awhile..
Old 07-19-2007, 07:17 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
The graphics are really a mixed bag in APF2K8. I certainly see more consistency in NCAA 08 overall as far as it looking next-gen. In APF at times it looks brilliant and at other times it looks downright cringe-inducing. Personally I see why EA sacrificed refs, sidelines, etc, it's to make their player models and their uniforms look better overall, on a consistent basis. In All pro they have some nice touches NCAA does not have like rain drops on the helmets, far, FAR better weather, and things like that.
I disagree. I don't think it's an either or proposition. Take MLB2K7. You have tons of little touches in the game from the fans, the active/realtime dugouts and bullpens, ball boys, etc. without sacrificing graphical integrity. My user created uniforms in APF look fantastic - and I'm not just saying that, I think they look great. And they're not recreations of NFL teams, they're modified unis of the Beasts and the Sharks (completely different colors and uniform designs). I think part of APF's problem is the default unis are mostly bland, and that drags down the overall look.

Again, it still wouldn't have the graphical sheen of NCAA and what Madden likely will. But I think it definitely holds it's own, especially considering it's not a completely new engine. I'll take APFs many MANY additions to the horrid sidelines/lack of refs/constantly hyped fans. These additions in APF don't make for pretty individual pics and have been ripped by fans prior to the game's release but I seriously doubt most people would trade them now - it's part of what makes the game special imo. I'd be willing to bet these will be things that Tiburon will finally give some attention to next year.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »