Home

Old 07-23-2007, 04:25 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Help

I just rented this game, and I'm doing alright with it. It's fun but I can't rush the passer. I have Ed Jones as my end and he just gets eaten up every play. I've been playing EA football games and there have to be some tricks on how to rush the passer. Can anyone help? Also the kicking game is very difficult. Every kickoff I cant boot it past the 20 yard line. How do you kick it deeper?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 12:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Help

can't help with pass rushing...having my own problems and I'm a crappy kicker to boot but to kick the deep ball you need to hold the stick back and flick it up quickly (faster = more power) all timed perfectly and in the right direction.

try using the bumbers and triggers to get by defenders. I'm beginning to think that Linemen need to get a jump on the ball right when the play is snapped... I use Perry in a 3-4 as a NT and sometime I can flatten the center but still haven't been able to bring it from my OLB
Old 07-23-2007, 12:23 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
I just rented this game, and I'm doing alright with it. It's fun but I can't rush the passer. I have Ed Jones as my end and he just gets eaten up every play. I've been playing EA football games and there have to be some tricks on how to rush the passer. Can anyone help? Also the kicking game is very difficult. Every kickoff I cant boot it past the 20 yard line. How do you kick it deeper?
That sounds about right on the kicking. Try a legend kicker and it will go farther.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:35 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

On kick-off, using a generic kicker - the furthest I've been able to get it is to the 8.

Field goals are another matter...can make it from the 30 in practice...but online I always choke and miss...

I love the kicking game..even though it's hard...add's another layer to the game...now field goals are not just a guaranteed 3 points. IT probably needs to be tweaked slightly but I think kicking was always just an afterthought before... now it's a true part of the game. Respect will be paid!... I actually dread having to kick it from the 25 yard line when the game is on the line. When's the last time you felt that in a football game?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:06 PM   #5
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

to the OP-

To kick it right you:

Bring the stick back
Push it forward (FAST!) when his leg is about to make contact with the ball.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 05:39 PM   #6
Pro

Dregur's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
Use the charge button, and then used one of the special moves (triggers and shoulder buttons) to try and get past your tackle. Works a lot of the time. Too Tall is a monster for me, and paired up with Simmons, it's a deadly combo.

-The Grinman
Old 07-23-2007, 05:51 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

I guess it's timing or the angle you take because I do that. I use the charge button and hte shoulder buttons and i get manhandled which is not fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »