Home

Top 3 Favorite Players to Use in APF 2K8

This is a discussion on Top 3 Favorite Players to Use in APF 2K8 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2007, 07:29 PM   #17
MVP

funky_chicken's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Top 3 Favorite Players to Use in APF 2K8

My three are

1. Reggie White

2. Gale Sayers

3. Mike Singletary

4. Jay Novacek

I know I said three but I had to throw Jay in there since he has been such as asset to my team.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:47 PM   #18
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

1. Reggie White, they don't even run to that side of the line anymore.

2. The Fridge, he's dominant.

3. Lem Barney- lifesaver. Biletnikoff went off on him though but he's played well overall.

I gotta give a nod to one of the created Gold legends on my team though. The one, the only SUPERFREAK Randy Moss! I love having him but he leads the league in dropped passes .

Old 07-23-2007, 07:52 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Good topic...

1) My entire secondary. Night Train Lane, Ronnie Lott, Lem Barney, Charlie Waters... Unstoppable. Dominant. I love it.

2) Randall Cunningham. Cannon of an arm with the quicks to evade the sack. Comfortable passing in the pocket or on the run, he's a pleasure to play.

3) Pete Metzelaars/Don Maynard. Though I also have Alvin Harper on my team, these two are incredible. Metzelaars has great hands and Maynard is just God. Catches everything and is fast as hell.

Sorry more then 3, but these guys stand out to me.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:58 PM   #20
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Mike Ditka - pass the ball ahead of him with the maximum passing and watch him catch up to the ball and catch it

Leonard Marshall - seems to be in the backfield more than my gold DE

Scott Studdwell - fast and he has that signal stealer skill
Old 07-23-2007, 10:17 PM   #21
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21

For QB...

I'm becoming fond of Bartowski at QB.

Natrone Means at RB is power power power which is my kind of running game.

Ronnie Lott and Rod Woodson in the secondary are on the two teams I've made thus far.

Reggie White.... Do i need to say much for the Minister of Defense?

What I'm loving is that EVERYONE on here has favorite guys that fit THEIR style of play.

It's also realy cool to see that just because a guy was rated a Bronze, that he wasn't horrible to play with.

This game does a lot of good things. I can't wait to see what 2k9 brings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2024, 10:48 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

1) Any gold receiver not named Raymond Berry:

James Lofton: IMHO this dude is the best pure deep threat receiver in the game. He's the Randy Moss of the game and can cook just about any defense. Just send him deep all game and you'll score lots of points especially if you pair him up with another deep threat receiver like Biletnikoff, Pearson, or Branch. The only knock on him is he isn't as good at running short routes as the other gold receivers and sometimes he'll choke (he doesn't have clutch).

Fred Biletnikoff: He's not as fast as James Lofton but he finds ways to get open even though he doesn't have route god. He's clutch and is better at running short and intermediate routes than James Lofton and is usually better at running deep routes than Jerry Rice.

Jerry Rice: He's clutch and has leadership which makes his QB play better. He's the best all-around route runner in the game and is also the best at getting yards after the catch thanks to his break away burst.

2) Elvin Bethea: This guy is like the J.J. Watt of the game. I like to sub him in as a 3-technique DT in a 4-3/Nickel 4-2-5 (Watt was also used as a 3-tech DT in a Nickel 4-2-5 in passing situations). When Bethea is subbed in as a 3-tech DT in a 4-3/Nickel 4-2-5, I find him to be the best D-Lineman in the game and can singlehandedly completely disrupt the other team's offense. He's also a beast in a 3-4 if you like to use that scheme.

3) Ken Stabler: He's clutch, has leadership, can scramble, and has a better arm than Bart Starr. He's a headache for defenses when you give him any of the deep threat receivers I mentioned earlier.

Honorable Mention:

Derrick Thomas: If I had to pick a gold pass rusher, it would Derrick Thomas. Thomas is the best all-around defender in the game because not only can he rush the passer he can also use his speed to defend against the run and drop back into coverage as well. Ironically Derrick Thomas is better used in the game as a 4-3/Nickel 4-2-5 outside linebacker than as a 3-4 outside linebacker. Get Lem Barney and Terry McDaniel so you can blitz a lot without getting burned and get Elvin Bethea and sub him in as a 3-technique DT in a 4-3/Nickel 4-2-5. Bethea along with Thomas will rack up sacks like crazy in a Nickel 4-2-5.

The problem with using Thomas as a 3-4 outside linebacker is that in the game, 3-4 outside linebackers don't have any moves or the leverage that they should so Thomas usually just gets stuck to the offensive tackle or tries to circle around the tackle (which takes forever) when they block him.

Thomas will actually get sacks as an outside linebacker in a Nickel 4-2-5 because he has a four man line in front of him and often times he will be untouched and the times he is not untouched is usually when Bethea gets free. Not only that, but since there is a four man front in a 4-3/Nickel 4-2-5, it also frees up Thomas to use his speed to make stops in the running game. On any team that I use Thomas in this manner he's always Defensive Player of the Year.

Willie Brown: He’s the best cover corner in the game. Having him paired up with another cover corner such as Lem Barney or Terry McDaniel allows you to blitz a lot without having to worry about getting burned.

Lem Barney: He’s the fastest corner in the game and the second best cover corner (I consider him to be better than Mike Haynes even though Haynes is a gold and Barney is a silver). Barney will shutdown most receivers and is the best value corner pick in the game. He’s a threat to take it all the way back every time he picks it off due to his speed.

Ronnie Lott: He’s the best all-around DB in the game. His leadership makes the entire secondary play better and he can cover as well as help out in run support.

Dick Anderson: He’s the best value safety pick in the game especially when paired up with Lott. Clutch attribute is what puts him above the other safeties because if you call 3 Weak (which is basically cover 6) on third down he’ll completely take away the middle of the field (and Lott’s leadership will make him play even better).

Last edited by topdowninvestor2023; 03-25-2024 at 02:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »