Home

Let the EARL go...

This is a discussion on Let the EARL go... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2007, 11:32 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Let the EARL go...

Just played Earl for the first time online. Other team had Campbell, Harbaugh, and a bunch of defensive legends. "Held" Earl to about 160 yards on 30 carries, stopped him on fourth down a few times, and created some turnovers. Won 17-2.

The key for me was having Joey Browner assigned to him, and focusing on him. I got ahead early and once I forced Harbaugh to throw, it was over.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:00 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnzworth
Now that's sick
Old 07-26-2007, 12:08 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

That video is ridiculous. Whoever that guy is just gets vertically pummeled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 12:18 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantKingNy
Please stop saying he is overpowered. He is a powerful legend, and if not played accordingly he can seem to be unstoppable. That's not his fault it is yours. I do not play with Earl anymore (stopped after 12 games because it was shameful the abuse he inflicted) but I don't think he is overpowering just a great challenge and I play against him readily, especially against the Randall+Campbell freaks. I love playing against him because it has been proven here and on other forums, those who commit to practice and execution can stop him and the opponent can be defeated. I inflict as much damage with Natron, Okoye, Otis, O.J. and Roger Craig because alot of players alway scheme incorrectly, even though they think they call the right front. I love Earl Campbell and I don't want to see him disparaged.
I stopped Earl Campbell just fine on All Pro, but man, Gayle Sayers was unstoppable for me. He breaks tackles like there is no tomorrow and he can bust it outside before you can blink. I would keep him in check for 99% of the quarter, and then he would break like 3 tackles, bust it outside and be off to the races for a 60 yard gain. He's a true beast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »