Home

What positions do you guys feel have little impact?

This is a discussion on What positions do you guys feel have little impact? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22
What positions do you guys feel have little impact?

I am just debating on where to put legends at. If you had to say what positions legends had the most impact what would they be. Which are most important? I am just trying to build a team that works and I thought you guys input would help greatly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2007, 03:52 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: What positions do you guys feel have little impact?

Man, I spent like 2 hours trying to come up with the right combo for one of my teams. It really depends on the style of team you want.

I honestly think every position can be dominant with the right legend. I've never really considered a legend fullback or kicker though. Also I usually leave at least one of the weakside offensive line positions open, though I do feel O-line is important

oh yea, most impact....probably linebacker or a shutdown corner....safeties not so much, I lost three games in a row to a guy who used one passing play the entire time and my gold and silver safeties never made a freaking play on the ball, using all kinds of defenses

Last edited by mike01; 07-25-2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:58 PM   #3
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

The least important would have to be punter and then the kicker. The most important would have to be in this order:

1. RB
2. QB
3. DE/DT
4. S
5. LB
6. CB
7. OL
8. WR (unless of course you pick Jerry Rice, then he can replace the RB slot)
Old 07-25-2007, 04:05 PM   #4
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike01
I honestly think every position can be dominant with the right legend. I've never really considered a legend fullback or kicker though.
Ickey Woods is great to use, and Al Del Greco has also pushed me to a few wins. I've tried teams with legends all over on offense except QB, defensive stacked teams, and ones geared more towards passing or running. I'm finding it very hard to see any position where the legends are pointless.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:08 PM   #5
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4ever
The least important would have to be punter and then the kicker. The most important would have to be in this order:

1. RB
2. QB
3. DE/DT
4. S
5. LB
6. CB
7. OL
8. WR (unless of course you pick Jerry Rice, then he can replace the RB slot)
In this game punter and kicker are pretty important. I still wouldn't waste a pick on them but have lost three games already because my kicker missed an easy shot.

Bad kicking on my part, or bad kicker? Maybe a little bit of both but I wish they made these kickers a little better in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2007, 04:12 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
In this game punter and kicker are pretty important. I still wouldn't waste a pick on them but have lost three games already because my kicker missed an easy shot.

Bad kicking on my part, or bad kicker? Maybe a little bit of both but I wish they made these kickers a little better in this game.
I don't know-Del Greco and Guy are head and shoulders above the generics and only cost a bronze.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:12 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Online I'm finding a good CB to be the most important thing on D. You really need a guy to be able to make a play when he's on an island with a star reciever. Generic CB's just cannot cut it against legend WR's.

I used to think a kicker was a good option for bronze, but now that I can put them through from around 45 yards with a generic, I'm not seeing much need for it. Though, with how bad my offense can be at times, a decent punter might not be a bad move...
Old 07-25-2007, 04:13 PM   #8
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

I have found that every position is useful, even kickers. I also see that it's important to build around your legends.

You can't simply surround a legend with a bunch of generics and expect him to have an impact. For example I added Reggie White to my team and left the rest of my d-line as generics. White had very little impact because he was double teamed every play. Once I added a couple of Bronze D-Linemen White became a force because he couldn't be doubled every play.

The same goes for other positions. A gold CB combined with a lot of generic DBs won't have much of an impact because you can easily avoid him. You have to compliment your legends or else their impact will be minimized.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »