Home

QB issues- HELP!!

This is a discussion on QB issues- HELP!! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-26-2007, 10:49 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: QB issues- HELP!!

thanks everyone....much appreciated. i am gonna develop a new team tonight in regards to some of the advice i have read here. good stuff!

peace
chicubs
GO BEARS

Cardinals suck
Old 07-26-2007, 10:58 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Tombsong--you're way better than me at this if you can do all that within a few seconds! The philosophy sounds right, I suppose it's just a matter of practice. It seems to me that on very short passes, the QB takes a dangerously shallow drop and gives you far too little time against good DTs. Is this your experience? I'm trying to get better at this just like Chicubs, so any feedback would be helpful.
It reads like alot of time is going by, but in reality, its ony seconds.
Yes, the 3 step drop is too shallow. on the 3 step drop plays I actually manually make the drop but you gotta learn not to panick and run the QB back too far or pass while running back. It takes practice and you WILL get a feel for it. There will be times when you do take a sack, but thats football. Just dont get frustrated.

If you do not panick and let the QB take his 5 step drop you will be surprised how well the line holds its own. I think people panick when they see the DE running hard around the corner and see the OT getting pushed toward the QB. They then Start running or move too much and end up running into pressure coming from the other direction.

Just do a few snaps in practice mode and dont even throw the ball. Just watch. The Qb will take his 5 step drop and bounce. Watch how the pocket forms. Also note how long it takes before the QB actually gets sacked. Most of the time if a blitz is not coming you have a good 5 seconds, more than enough time to make a throw to a open WR. Just get a feel for how much you have to nudge the stick to get the qb to move without making him run.
This style is primarily for pocket passers.

If you have a scrambler, if you find yourself having to run out the pocket, just run and scan the field for a open man. When you spot one press his button and if you have to aim the left stick to lead him. A scrambler will throw a accurate pass while on the run. You dont have to worry about setting your feet.

Last edited by TombSong; 07-26-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:01 AM   #11
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Icon2 Re: QB issues- HELP!!

Another mostly overlooked yet crucial element as QB is to give yourself enough time to make pre-snap adjustments. I make sure to call my play with around 20 seconds left on the play clock, which gives me enough time to make any necessary adjustments at the line of scrimmage. Even if I don't make pre-snap changes at the line of scrimmage, I still get the Audible message to come up most of the time so to get it planted in my opponent's head that something might have been changed anyway.

Also, don't forget about adjusting o-line protections on those overload blitzes if you called a pass play. This is also useful at getting throws off against the 46 formation.

Kruza
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 11:01 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Thanks, Tombsong, for the advice, and thanks, Chicubs, for starting this thread. Off to practice mode!
Old 07-26-2007, 11:05 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
Another mostly overlooked yet crucial element as QB is to give yourself enough time to make pre-snap adjustments. I make sure to call my play with around 20 seconds left on the play clock, which gives me enough time to make any necessary adjustments at the line of scrimmage. Even if I don't make pre-snap changes at the line of scrimmage, I still get the Audible message to come up most of the time so to get it planted in my opponent's head that something might have been changed anyway.

Also, don't forget about adjusting o-line protections on those overload blitzes if you called a pass play. This is also useful at getting throws off against the 46 formation.

Kruza
Yep, this is all good info. Also dont forget you can hot route your TE or FB/RB to stay in and protect if you anticipate a heavy pass rush.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:13 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza

Kruza
Excellent and helpful points, Kruza. I've been struggling mightily against good 46 fronts, so I'll try the o-line adjust and see what it does for me.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:25 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I think it's already been mentioned, but let the CPU take the drop-back automatically. He'll move faster, and it gives you a clear indication of when you should be throwing. When the QB is making that very last hitch step is when you should be hitting your primary reciever, if he's open. And the three (and even 1) step drops are there for a reason - it gives the QB a different angle to throw from, and a better chance of completing the short pass (especially those quick outs that always look doomed to fail)

And if all else fails, there's also the QB evade thing - doesn't work so great with the statues, but guys like Cunningham can aviod a bunch of sacks with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 11:34 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 7

man, i am glad i started this thread!! thanks very much....i can not wait to get home tonight to try all of this stuff out. practice mode, here i come! then i will design a new squad, a new team, new unis....i love this game!!!
GO BEARS

Cardinals suck

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »