Home

This Game Is not COMPLETE = 2K release a patch!!!

This is a discussion on This Game Is not COMPLETE = 2K release a patch!!! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 10:06 AM   #9
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: This Game Is not COMPLETE = 2K release a patch!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_FRANK
It might be short but it's true, from the bottom of my heart. I have bought every signle Nfl2K game since the Dreamcast.

While I think 2k8 is good, it's really a shame for what they could have done.
Football used to be there flagship title you can tell niether the money or time was placed into this one.

THis is the truth, I still like the game cause it plays like 2k5, but where is the impact they were supposed to bring, man they came hell of weak for a 3 year hiatus.

Greg/Jeff thomas, Anthony all you guys should get a pie smashed in your face!!
You haven't even said what you're complaining about, aside from Walter Payton not having some one handed carry. If you're going to actually ask for a patch or say that the game needs a patch, stop being vague and talk about what's wrong. Unless of course you don't own the game and you're just complaining jus to complain.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 07-29-2007, 10:15 AM   #10
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Don't really know any other way to say it, where's Walter Payton one handed carry and so much other.

How can this game really be next gen = give me a break. All this is 2k5 with a new coat of paint on it.

I'm sorry fellas, 2K5 was/is my favorite game and to an extent I like this game alot, but when I stopped being a fanboy and realised something,
THIS IS NOT A NEW ENGINE.

Personally I don't like Madden, but for next gen consoles they created a new engine, it's a slap in the face for us loyal 2K fans.

I've owned every single 2Kfootball game since the Dreamcast, 2K5 was thier best game.

All Pro 2K8 is good, but the graphics are not next gen! Where are the signature moves? Nba2k7 had them why not do i for this game?

All and all I like the game cause I really don't like the way Madden plays, but EVERY single person out there knows that Visual Concepts came WEAK as hell with this effort.

WHere are all the extras they had in 2K5?

Ah man, a slap in the face to the customers,

A Big F U to 2K,

Now I'll go back to playing and hope next year it'll truly be next gen

, peace
I could be naive..... but, I have huge issues with this game... however, they pale.... just pale in comparison to the fact that I NOW have a choice... I played 2K5 every which way.... I never bought madden since the deal/2004, in other words no football for 3yrs.....

Issues with the game not withstanding..... having a option in football gaming trumps anything else.... much to your chagrin....

Last edited by xrams; 07-29-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:20 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ok with an intelligent and educated post here are my main gripes with the game.

I just got the game and the Graphics should be alot better, I also would Love to see the animation likeness they did with Nba2K7.

Feild textures,menu systems, all needs to be redone.

Why take away such cool features that were in 2k5 like choosing your own specific Td celebraion or having specific music play when certain situations would occur in the game.

I like the gameplay and I think it was creative on how you need to set up your team, but other than that this game really just does'nt have the big of a jump from 2K5 in my eyes.

It hurts really because I have been supporting Visual Concepts since day One, and maybe lack of money,time,ideas, play a big part , but I just feel like a big slap has been placed with the consumers.

I did this thread so someone out there (2k) can hear us, just like with 2k5 they created an almost masterpiece,but with 2k8 they sidestepped and really have'nt moved forward.

I say scrap the engine start from new and hopefully by 2K10 this will be the game I so want it to be.

For a final comment this is STILL the best football game out, but I know that Visual Concepts can do so much more. It's like being the smartest kid in a class of ******s, the genious does'nt give his full effort now because he'll still be smarter than everyone else.

Not the best anology,but hopefully you'll understand what I'm trying to say. Fans of the 2K series will love the game, but this will not adopt non believers.

Visual Concepts can create a football video game that could be the talk of every website, tv channel, have everyone talking how amazing it is, they can do it, but will they?

, peace

Last edited by J_FRANK; 07-29-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2007, 10:25 AM   #12
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Sure it has less options than 2k5, but the core great gameplay is still there. That's what made it worth 60 bucks to me. I'm just having a blast playing it. Call me a fanboy or whatever, but I've played more of this than I have NCAA over the course of the last two weeks. I think 2k9 or 2k10 will have all the options back. The graphics aren't phenomenal, but they look good on my HDTV.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:38 AM   #13
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

SCRAP THE ENGINE!!!!???? It plays an awsome game of football, animations are realy good and the pocket play is the best ever in a football game.

Im curious what you play the game on as it looks good on my hdtv also ,much better than NCAA does.

I also feel a price cut would help this game without the NFL license but why should they no other developers reduce the price on the crap they put out.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:20 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Ok with an intelligent and educated post here are my main gripes with the game.
Except without intelligence, or education.

Quote:
I just got the game and the Graphics should be alot better, I also would Love to see the animation likeness they did with Nba2K7.
It's their first next gen outing. Remember Madden 06 on next gen consoles? Terrible. Even NBA 2k had two years to work out the bugs. You do know there was a NBA2k6, that wasn't nearly as polished as 2k7 right?

Quote:
Feild textures,menu systems, all needs to be redone.
The menu systems are fine, the field textures could used polishing.

Quote:
Why take away such cool features that were in 2k5 like choosing your own specific Td celebraion or having specific music play when certain situations would occur in the game.
Uh, you can choose your own specific TD celebrations, and new this year is you can choose your own specific SACK celebrations. Maybe if you actually had the game you'd know this. You can't however have custom soundtracks, or stadium music this time around, but it is their first next gen outing.

Quote:
I like the gameplay and I think it was creative on how you need to set up your team, but other than that this game really just does'nt have the big of a jump from 2K5 in my eyes.
Other than much better graphics, and much better animations you almost have a point.

Quote:
It hurts really because I have been supporting Visual Concepts since day One, and maybe lack of money,time,ideas, play a big part , but I just feel like a big slap has been placed with the consumers.
How is it a big slap? People have been saying for years that an updated 2k5 would be the best thing ever. 2k actually one-upped that, and all of the diehard 2k5 players know that.

Quote:
I did this thread so someone out there (2k) can hear us, just like with 2k5 they created an almost masterpiece,but with 2k8 they sidestepped and really have'nt moved forward.
Except they sold enough NON-LICENSED football games in one week to make the EA sports giant take notice. This is in their first next gen outing.

Quote:
I say scrap the engine start from new and hopefully by 2K10 this will be the game I so want it to be.
Why would they scrap the engine of the two most realistic football simulations ever made? What kind of sense would that make? Wouldn't they just want to add to that engine?

Quote:
For a final comment this is STILL the best football game out, but I know that Visual Concepts can do so much more. It's like being the smartest kid in a class of ******s, the genious does'nt give his full effort now because he'll still be smarter than everyone else.
It's genius.

Quote:
Not the best anology,but hopefully you'll understand what I'm trying to say. Fans of the 2K series will love the game, but this will not adopt non believers.
This is false. I know people that are diehard Madden fans that have gotten this game through gamefly just because Madden has been so bad the last few years, and they have fallen in love with it.

Quote:
Visual Concepts can create a football video game that could be the talk of every website, tv channel, have everyone talking how amazing it is, they can do it, but will they?

, peace
No, they can't. They've already made the two best simulation football games to date, they get **** reviews while Madden get's great reviews. 2k will always be David, and Madden will always be Goliath in video game football.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:26 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

You mentioned that you wished you could choose your own TD celebration, but you can and like most I agree the grpahics aren't going to win any awards, but the gameplay is stellar. Haven't played anything else in a week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2007, 12:28 PM   #16
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave360
Sure it has less options than 2k5, but the core great gameplay is still there. That's what made it worth 60 bucks to me. I'm just having a blast playing it. Call me a fanboy or whatever, but I've played more of this than I have NCAA over the course of the last two weeks. I think 2k9 or 2k10 will have all the options back. The graphics aren't phenomenal, but they look good on my HDTV.
All I'm going to say is that I don't even remember the last time when NCAA was in my 360......................APF has consumed all my football gaming. Too bad that NCAA is a good game this year, but I think I'll get back to playing it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »