Home

Let's revisit some of the pre-release concerns...

This is a discussion on Let's revisit some of the pre-release concerns... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2007, 01:41 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Let's revisit some of the pre-release concerns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I was specifically responding to the four points the OP brought up.

And I haven't bought an EA football game in 4 years, and won't start now.
What's up Baa7. So is the game a purchase for you, or is the jury still out? I know you always have 2k5 to fall back on.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:54 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
What's up Baa7. So is the game a purchase for you, or is the jury still out? I know you always have 2k5 to fall back on.
I don't play online, so I'm not sure at this point. The game play is great, and the animations are terrific. And I really like the team-create feature - fun! If I can create 8 custom teams and play a season using exhibition mode, I think I could see myself getting the game. So that's the next thing I plan on checking out. And of course, 2K5 will still be on my play list, regardless
Old 07-31-2007, 02:01 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I don't play online, so I'm not sure at this point. The game play is great, and the animations are terrific. And I really like the team-create feature - fun! If I can create 8 custom teams and play a season using exhibition mode, I think I could see myself getting the game. So that's the next thing I plan on checking out. And of course, 2K5 will still be on my play list, regardless
I don't play online either( I don't even have xbox live yet.) but the game has alot of replay value for me in that I can play with different mixtures of players from season to season. And like you, 2k5 will always be in the rotation, I just have to get the latest rosters and schedules and I will be straight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 02:02 PM   #12
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
Good post. You know the funny thing is. I don't miss the NFL property at all. I'm serious. I used a code for a Giants uniform and that seems to be all I need. LOL
It's become obvious that I miss authentic game play over licensed properties. I swear I don't even think about ESPN presentation nor the NFL. I DO wish some of these uni's looked a bit more professional though. LOL but the gameplay supersedes all.
You're right about pre-made team uniforms. That is on my very small list of gripes with the game.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:09 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Presentation wise I wish they had a side line reporter, they would even have to show it (CHoops does this). I also miss the Sky Cam replays.

Do they still do the passing break down like they did in 2k5. You know the one with the 6 boxes and the arrows showing the completions/attempts/yards?

Other then that, the only concern that is kind of valid is that the CPU team uniforms pretty much stink and we have no way to change them.
I've seen one type of drive breakdown, i think it's called the Schick drive or something like that, but i've only seen it twice in 15 games. I like most of the CPU unis.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:13 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacks
I've seen one type of drive breakdown, i think it's called the Schick drive or something like that, but i've only seen it twice in 15 games. I like most of the CPU unis.
It is called the Stride Ridiculously Long Lasting Drive. It only happens when you have a drive of around 70+ yards.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:32 PM   #15
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

I think the player models look very good overall. 2k5's looked terrible to me and I was worried they'd look like those with flat pads and no muscles but they look much better and have more definition.

The numbers are a little skinny but it's no big deal.

I like the stadiums. Some of them are kinda cheesy but they're cool overall.

The presentation let me down. It's still the best out there but I was expecting full pre-game, halftime, and post-game shows and all sorts of cool graphics and stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 01:09 AM   #16
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBucc
I think the player models look very good overall. 2k5's looked terrible to me and I was worried they'd look like those with flat pads and no muscles but they look much better and have more definition.

The numbers are a little skinny but it's no big deal.

I like the stadiums. Some of them are kinda cheesy but they're cool overall.

The presentation let me down. It's still the best out there but I was expecting full pre-game, halftime, and post-game shows and all sorts of cool graphics and stuff.
this is excellent. we still have to keep in mind that its only the FIRST YEAR ON NEXT GEN. i know we want everything to be "perfect" and even the developers at 2k admitted that alot of things wouldnt be in the game this year because they wanted to see the response to 2k football. i believe they got their response with sells being higher than what they thought so on 2k forums, they did make mention of making 2k9 so i believe they will add alot of things that we as the real gamers want to play. they are looking at these web sites rigourously and trying to get information on how to make a better product. at least they are trying to make the "consumers happy", and the fact that they made 2k8 so i wouldnt have to waste my money on the "other stuff" is pleasing enough to me.( dont mean to sound harsh but with patiences, we will see 2k return to football glory again. just sit back and watch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »