Home

I knew I shouldn't have downloaded the demo..

This is a discussion on I knew I shouldn't have downloaded the demo.. within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 10:29 AM   #1
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22
I knew I shouldn't have downloaded the demo..

Right now I have NCAA but I'm getting frustrated finding a slider set. All-American is ruined with so many interceptions. Heisman can play OK but seems a bit cheesy. I downloaded the demo and this game plays so much better so far even only after 1 5 minute quarter. Does this game hold your interest as far as season is concerned?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2007, 10:34 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: I knew I shouldn't have downloaded the demo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
Right now I have NCAA but I'm getting frustrated finding a slider set. All-American is ruined with so many interceptions. Heisman can play OK but seems a bit cheesy. I downloaded the demo and this game plays so much better so far even only after 1 5 minute quarter. Does this game hold your interest as far as season is concerned?
Yes.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:38 AM   #3
MVP

plasticbeast's Arena

OVR: 11

So far it does. And If you go online you have the online leagues as well. I am in a league and I am having a blast with it. The website for the league is great, it keeps stats, news articles and a message board. Good experience for me so far.

OSFL
: Lake County Extreme- 2010 OSFL Champs
NCFA: WVU Mountaineers- As long as we beat Pitt...
BLB: Morgantown Mowhawks- Expansion Team
Old 08-02-2007, 10:42 AM   #4
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't even have online capabilities but editing your team, playing the challenging CPU and the season mode have taken up my time, that along with the mini season me and my friends have started have kept me entertained and sometimes addicted with this game.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:51 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I won't be going online but the replay value against the cpu is through the roof in my opinion. I mean, there a gagillion different combinations you can make up your team with and see how it plays out. I'm still in my first season with an all-pro heavy offense but a generic offensive line. When this one is done, I'm going to build a team with an all-pro offensive line and see how that plays out with my running game. Being a former offensive lineman, I don't know why I didn't do this to begin with. Everyone knows we're the 5 most important guys on ANY team.

Last edited by NoleFan; 08-02-2007 at 10:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2007, 10:58 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

The cpu is very challenging during season mode and I'm really enjoying playing my season in AP2K8. If you only care about the play on the field and pure football strategy (like me), you will really enjoy playing a season.

If you are a guy who wants to perform all sorts of personnel moves and other franchise related stuff, it will not hold you at all. This game's AI, animations, cpu playcalling etc. is 2nd to none and it's not even close. The challenge is definately there while playing a season.

I only play basketball and football games mainly offline but, AP2K8 has the best AI of all the sports titles I have played on NextGen to this point.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:59 AM   #7
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

Already on my second season..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:03 AM   #8
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
If you are a guy who wants to perform all sorts of personnel moves and other franchise related stuff, it will not hold you at all.
Im usually into stuff like that but the team editing and different combinations of players including Jersey editing possibillities really makes this game very replayable..Seeing the customization possiblities really makes the franchise options seem overrated
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »