Home

What's the most tackles you had with one player after a season?

This is a discussion on What's the most tackles you had with one player after a season? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2007, 06:54 PM   #1
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9
What's the most tackles you had with one player after a season?

Unless I play 15 minute quarters, I don't think I can ever get 100 tackles. It sucks having a legend LB that only gets about 50 tackles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 07:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What's the most tackles you had with one player after a season?

Play 15 minute quarters, accelerated clock, All-pro. I get some awesome games and great stats.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4ever
Unless I play 15 minute quarters, I don't think I can ever get 100 tackles. It sucks having a legend LB that only gets about 50 tackles.
I only 8 minute quarters w/o acc clock, but I can usually get about 8-10 tackles with my main LB for two reasons.

1. I made my legend a strongside backer cause that the side they run to most.

2. And, contrary to popular belief, the best way to get tackles for your backers is to put them
zone when expect a run. Also, its good to strafe him back about ten yards. I know this
sounds the complete opposite of what you should do, but the game makes backers pause
for like two seconds to read a play and then they react. By pulling them back ten yards it
allows them to hit the hole and bypass the blockers.

Ever since I've started doing this, I've shut down the opposing running game. Mind you its been against the CPU, I haven't tested it online. Hope that helps.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:27 PM   #4
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Thanks for the help. I will try to use your tactics. How long does a typical game last you? I play with 10 minute quarters with accelerated clock on and a game will last me anywhere from 1-1.5 hours.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:34 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Thanks for the help. I will try to use your tactics. How long does a typical game last you? I play with 10 minute quarters with accelerated clock on and a game will last me anywhere from 1-1.5 hours.

about the same
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 11:14 PM   #6
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

On a team that runs i can get about 6-8 tackles a game with my FS sometimes il have a monster game and get like 10..but when they throw im down in the 4-5 region
Old 08-10-2007, 01:17 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

So far in my season, my SLB has 68 tackles after 6 games and he leads the league in tackles!!!!
At this rate, I may have a chance to break 200 tackles even though I've only gotten over a hundred tackles once in my videogame history (Ncaa 2004). My WLB is pulling his weight too, he's got 41 tackles and well on his way to breaking a hundy, but his strenght is coverage and blitzing. He's also got 5 picks and 2 sacks.

Don't get me wrong, these guys aren't supermen either though. Earl Campbell and O.J. both killed me as far as yardage is concerned, but my LB's were always there and coming back even when they got trucked. Most importantly, they're clutch, they make plays to change the game.

I'm not bragging, just letting you know that it's definitely possible to make the backers a factor in the run defense. Oh, one other tip, it helps to make your generic Dline a pass rush one. If you make your line a run stopping line, they'll do a few annoying things.

1. They'll actually become more strong than quick, which is good in real life but not this
game. When the DT's are too strong, they pancake the guards and center which
actually makes it super easy for the cpu to make gashing runs up the middle and that
leads to safeties having all the tackles. Oh and you losing the game.

2. Also it makes the dline too aggressive on run plays. In a word, theyll overpursues like
a mother.

3. And finally, on the off chance they are in proper position to hold off blockers for your
backers, then they will use the reach tackle to steal your tackle, LOL!

Pass rush generics don't care about anything but the sacks, so they actually do eat up blockers for your backers to swoop and make the stop and maybe force a fumble.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:24 AM   #8
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

I did something similiar in making my line pass rush my linebackers and corners coverage and i have my created FS and Joey Browner at the safeties..me and him get a majority of the tackles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »