Home

Does the CPU ever play man?

This is a discussion on Does the CPU ever play man? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Does the CPU ever play man?

I'm still loving this game. But one thing is bothering me. Now that I've mastered how to run and I can get big games, no matter what I do the CPU never brings safties up, blitzes, or go to man to man coverage like in real life.

Last game I remember that played zone so relentlessly was NCAA 2005 and we all know how that went. Well I popped in the game and was able to get the CPU to play man about 25% of the time. Last game of APF I played, the CPU never played man once!!!

I noticed no one else has noticed this or maybe I missed a post about it. Does anyone have a strategy for this, will sliders help? Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 07:51 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Does the CPU ever play man?

It sounds like they play it about as much as I do. Faced with stopping Sanders or Campbell I rarely go with man to man except with defensive assignments after the play call.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
It sounds like they play it about as much as I do. Faced with stopping Sanders or Campbell I rarely go with man to man except with defensive assignments after the play call.
LOL, oh hell yeah, I play zone non stop too! I'm not crazy, I was just hoping the CPU would mix it up.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:12 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullSail
I'm still loving this game. But one thing is bothering me. Now that I've mastered how to run and I can get big games, no matter what I do the CPU never brings safties up, blitzes, or go to man to man coverage like in real life.

Last game I remember that played zone so relentlessly was NCAA 2005 and we all know how that went. Well I popped in the game and was able to get the CPU to play man about 25% of the time. Last game of APF I played, the CPU never played man once!!!

I noticed no one else has noticed this or maybe I missed a post about it. Does anyone have a strategy for this, will sliders help? Thanks in advance.
The CPU mixes it up against me all the time on All Pro level. They send Safety blitzes, LB blitzes, CB blitzes, they have man coverages, etc. I know for sure because Troy Aikman has that "Signal Stealer" attribute so I get to see their plays several times a game. Granted, they do use a lot of zone coverages, but it seems to be all at the right times and just when I would do that same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »