Home

Aw jeez one foot in or close and your in this year

This is a discussion on Aw jeez one foot in or close and your in this year within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-09-2007, 11:45 PM   #1
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23
Aw jeez one foot in or close and your in this year

Its pretty pathetic they couldn't get the sideline calls right this year, I mean even 2k5 did this better. Obvious catches for touchdowns and catches near the sidelines are alot of times obviously out yet when you challenge and you see only one foot or no feet in bounds at all and still get the wrong call when you challenge, what happened?!

What is wierd is that in 2k5 the problem was the first down marker they always had it wrong about your foward progress. This year that part of the game is perfect, if you miss it by an inch on the replay thats how they call it.

However now the sideline catches are all in, which wasn't a significant problem in 2k5 at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2007, 12:39 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Aw jeez one foot in or close and your in this year

AFIAK All you need is one foot in bounds to make the catch. Challenges for the most part have came out well in this game. Maybe one or two plays in which the ball carrier had ran out of bounds being wrong are the only missed calls I've had.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 08-10-2007, 08:46 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gta95
AFIAK All you need is one foot in bounds to make the catch. Challenges for the most part have came out well in this game. Maybe one or two plays in which the ball carrier had ran out of bounds being wrong are the only missed calls I've had.
In Pro football you need 2 feet down and possession of the ball for it to be considered a catch. In College and high school you only need 1 foot down.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:53 AM   #4
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
In Pro football you need 2 feet down and possession of the ball for it to be considered a catch. In College and high school you only need 1 foot down.
But who said APF couldn't mess with the rules? In APF you need one foot in.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 08-10-2007, 08:58 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
But who said APF couldn't mess with the rules? In APF you need one foot in.
I know and I've lost a few challenges because of it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2007, 10:12 AM   #6
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

The more I look at it, the more I believe that it's not 1 foot or 2 foot at all. I think it's just screwy programming that looks at exactly where your feet are the MOMENT YOU RECEIVE THE BALL.

Next time you go for a replay or challenge, take a look at that. I've seen a receiver get a ball with 1 foot clearly in bounds and the other out and it's been ruled incomplete. I've also seen him catch it clearly inbounds with his 2nd foot still in the air, and if it comes down out of bounds, it's ruled complete.

I 100% believe that it's supposed to be 2-feet in, but if you attached their feet to the ground via imaginary poles, wherever those feet are when the receiver comes in contact with the ball is what counts for inbounds or out of bounds.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:15 AM   #7
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
The more I look at it, the more I believe that it's not 1 foot or 2 foot at all. I think it's just screwy programming that looks at exactly where your feet are the MOMENT YOU RECEIVE THE BALL.

Next time you go for a replay or challenge, take a look at that. I've seen a receiver get a ball with 1 foot clearly in bounds and the other out and it's been ruled incomplete. I've also seen him catch it clearly inbounds with his 2nd foot still in the air, and if it comes down out of bounds, it's ruled complete.

I 100% believe that it's supposed to be 2-feet in, but if you attached their feet to the ground via imaginary poles, wherever those feet are when the receiver comes in contact with the ball is what counts for inbounds or out of bounds.
I agree with this. The detection between the foot and the grass is off. In fact, you can hear the whistle in replay blow before the foot in the air hits the ground out of bounds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »