Home

Are [b]Double Controlled[/b] Teams Cheese?

This is a discussion on Are [b]Double Controlled[/b] Teams Cheese? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Are [b]Double Controlled[/b] Teams Cheese?

I just faced a team that was heavily stacked on DEFENSE and had Earl Campbell, TE Pete Metzalar and a Bronze QB on offense. I was taken by surprise early by Campbell, started to focus and stop him and then a user controlled TE PETE METZELAR threw my D off by being able to speed burst from the line and run erratic routes that left him open. Granted I played one of my worst games but is this a big advantage?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2007, 06:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Are [b]Double Controlled[/b] Teams Cheese?

Not necessarily cheese, but could be viewed as unsportsman like conduct. Online you're going to have players do whatever it takes to win.

Once in a while it's good to play cheesers so in the future you can know how to combat his tricks. What you should have had was
A= pressure on the Quarterback, there's no better defense than making the QB uncomfortable. I suggest having at least one de and a dt, you will see the difference it makes.

B= You NEED coverage linbackers, as those are the ones that are going to be covering that legend TE. I also suggest double teaming him with your SS for additional help.

This game makes you think alot, and just like real football there's going to be some plays that are going to just get you, but the strength is being able to adapt. If someone has a stacked D-line than pass, stacked Cbs/Safeties run up the gut. If he has a power runner, make shure you have that one gold ILB, star TE get that Star coverage OLB.

If he has stacked receivers make shure you have at least Bronze legend CBs, if he likes throwing short play bump and run, if he goes for the deep ball double with your safeties, if he likes post routes Double team, but most importantly you NEED to pt pressure on the QB.

I have lost and won games online, but since I have my perfected team, I've won my last 4-5 games. My record online is like 15-19, with only a couple of losses to cheesers and most of my other ones against some real good competition. Players though who mistakingly view my losses as not a good player get a rude awakeing very fast.

Look for me online anyone for a good game

Lifetime 2040

, peace
Old 08-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #3
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

I think it's cheese. Human players have an inherent advantage over AI. Thus, if one team has 2 human players and the other only has 1, then that's an unfair advantage.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I just faced a team that was heavily stacked on DEFENSE and had Earl Campbell, TE Pete Metzalar and a Bronze QB on offense. I was taken by surprise early by Campbell, started to focus and stop him and then a user controlled TE PETE METZELAR threw my D off by being able to speed burst from the line and run erratic routes that left him open. Granted I played one of my worst games but is this a big advantage?
I dont think its cheese.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:31 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

no
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2007, 07:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Cheese is cheese and double teams are double teams.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:29 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
I think it's cheese. Human players have an inherent advantage over AI. Thus, if one team has 2 human players and the other only has 1, then that's an unfair advantage.
I agree with that.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:00 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm guessing this was not a ranked game...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »