Home

I'm just curious...

This is a discussion on I'm just curious... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2007, 07:02 PM   #1
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9
I'm just curious...

have any of you guys ever had a generic outperform a legend?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2007, 07:09 PM   #2
MVP

Re: I'm just curious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4ever
Not really, but I feel like I get great performance out of generic run stopping LBs, and rarely do I use a legend spot there.

OL is another place I never use a legend anymore....they are better than the generic guys, but not so much better that it makes a huge difference....plus, unless you load up the whole line, it makes it obvious where you are likely to run.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:23 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have had a generic DE perform really well, had 2 sacks. and he even did that Reach tackle from behind to bring down Earl.

The guy i was playing online had to replay it. I have never seen that tackle before until that generic DE used it.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:26 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4ever
Yes. Quite a few times my generic WR's had more catches, TD's, and Yards than my Bronze WR.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:40 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Yes. Quite a few times my generic WR's had more catches, TD's, and Yards than my Bronze WR.
Yes, but that is because you threw the ball to him....if you had a legend in that spot he would have done the same thing (if not more). I'm assuming your generic WR was going up against a generic or maybe bronze CB, not a gold or silver guy.

The generic guys are for the most part competent though, if that answers the original question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 11:44 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdros13
Yes, but that is because you threw the ball to him....if you had a legend in that spot he would have done the same thing (if not more). I'm assuming your generic WR was going up against a generic or maybe bronze CB, not a gold or silver guy.

The generic guys are for the most part competent though, if that answers the original question.
Of course I threw the ball to him - I spread the offense. I pass to my bronze as much as I can - but when he's not making the catches, and the generic is, who do you expect me to pass it to? I'm passing it to the guy who's making the catches. Which often is my generic WR's instead of my Bronze (I've got Moore).

The generic has gone up against every star level, as has the bronze WR.

When it comes down to it - I've noticed that my generic in the end has been much more productive.

I purposely set my WRs to Possession, and have noticed they perform extremely well. I've seen them make some extremely tough catches. They can do a lot of damage.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:35 PM   #7
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I have a lot of trouble completing passes to my generic receivers with consistency. Does having a gold tier QB make a difference in helping generic receivers pass better?

I guess what I am asking is if anyone has had success with a gold QB but no legends at receiver?
Old 08-19-2007, 11:55 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

On Offense there are a couple of generally reliable generic Receivers: Albright & Figueroa. In particular Figueroa has NO FEAR over the middle and Albright is Mr 3rd Down. On Defense there are a couple of really capable generic guys: Garner (DE) and Supernaw (C). Garner appears to have a pass rush bonus. I'm pretty sure that Supernaw's name is a play on SUPERMAN.

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »