Home

Cheeser Tactics (qb evade)

This is a discussion on Cheeser Tactics (qb evade) within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2007, 02:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Unhappy Cheeser Tactics (qb evade)

Lately me and Lbz has found a certain type of cheeser online.
What he does is move the qb a certain way to avoid pressure.And after an amount of time, coverage always breaks down, no matter who you have on your defense.
Basically, he'll snap the ball, run his qb backwards about 15 yards, then with Cunningham or stabler, launch a charged bullet pass to rice or Maynard.

It just completely negates any pressure on the Dline as they're not programmed to rush downhill 15 yards. No matter what coverage you call, cover 2, 3,4. The streak will burn it because the deepest coverage doesn't cover past that POINT. So cover 4 covers 20 yards back, if RICE runs a 50 yard streak, the 2 middle safety won't even go back that deep, leaving RICE 1on1 with a corner. THAT = rape.

Blitzes aren't fast enough, as seen by my other thread. The qb will beat any defender running backwards 15 yards. Plus any blitzes = less defenders in coverage = death. It's like you're at the mercy of the AI DBs, and just pray they get a good animation. This + suction blocking by the Oline, its impossible to even hit him. If you do, he'll shrug you off and throw it anyway.

The only thing I haven't tried is a prevent defense. Rice + Maynard + Mezellaar. It's not like you can just bracket anyone. No matter what, after 10 seconds they ALWAYS get open.(ESPECIALLY in zone)

1. Zone doesn't work
2. Blitz doesn't work
3. Doubling the WR doesn't work especially when rice runs around for 10 seconds.
4. I have golds on my Dline, silvers in my secondary, so it's not personnel.

I've played some people on this board, they can vouch for my pressure defense. It's painfully frustrating when you just watch him run back 15 yards, and fire a 40 yard bomb to rice, who always catches it in traffic. Lbz and me cried together yesterday after playing these cheesers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2007, 03:24 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Cheeser Tactics (qb evade)

I played someone like that, they would run back 10-15 yards and then throw a bomb. But i manage to beat the guy.

The strategy is to not bring pressure with your LBs,

You bring pressure using your DBs,

I used Cover 3 with one of the DBs blitzing, then do some stunt blitz with your LB, So that your db will get through wide open and he wont get blocked. After that he will just chase him down.

The Dbs run faster than your LB.

If you have a good back field, lets say a Lott, Waters or Butler ...You can blitz one of them and run a Cover 3.

If you do this, he will get pressured and he will start forcing his throws in..

But i like having Lott in the backfield when i do this and i just blitz one of the generics.

Lott usually gets like 2-3 ints.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:30 AM   #3
Pr*

SEGA_LOYAL_FAN's Arena

OVR: 11

tried qb spy? When set, my "spy"(usually my ILB) breaks after the qb if he gets extra steps out of the drop step animation or from the pocket. I havent had problems with people using Rice and a strong offensive team. The run is what is really killing me but im getting better.

Marvel Heroes: willthebill
GW2: willthebill.9712
Diablo 3: willthebill#1834
PSN: willybnuts
Steam: Part of OperationSports group
Old 08-22-2007, 03:31 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

If I switch my gold DLine for a Gold safety, it would help a lot. It's just not very realistic to be 15 yds back and throw an accurate 40 yard bomb. THat's what annoys me.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:41 AM   #5
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

I played someone like that and the only way to stop him is to blitz and manually control the corner safety and make the play. Manually controlling the player on defense on the pass is the only way to stop it. You have to pass interfere with the receiver without getting called for it to hold him up and use the swat pass button (LB) to get rid of it.

Like if he is going deep I get in front of the receiver and delibrately slow myself down to keep him from getting to the catch marker. Or if its a post I delibrately slow down and force the receiver to try and get around me. Unfortunately Rice catches everything so the only way to stop him is not go for the INT. Don't press Y or RB but press LB to swat it down.

Plus even if you do get called for pass interference, at least he didn't burn you for a touch. Once he gets into the red zone that tactic is somewhat negated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2007, 08:49 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I play on PS3 and so havne't seen the exact guys you're talking about, but I've seen their equivalents, more or less. I have a gold corner and silver fs just for the cunningham bomb crowd, and I typically man up and double with the safety. That winds up working very well for me, as both my DBs make excellent plays on the ball and one is a big hitter and turns a lot of catches into drops.

Then, I just manulaly control a lineman, do a stunt or twist and hope eiher to get into his head with the thought of pressure from seeing a stunt, or to actually break the scheme with the call and get a hit on him. I wind up hitting Cunningham while he's throwing a lot doing this, which kills that type of offense because it often sets up easy pics. But then again, I've had games where his line is legendless but perfect in its protections, and my guys don't get their 1-2 picks a game, and then it turns into one of the most frustrating experiences you can have online.

All that to say that I feel you and that this is an unfortunate expression of the kind of subjective freedom on which the game is built, but that you can have at least a modicum of success if you equip for these types of teams and man and double--at least in my experience. I'll defer to yours and LBZ's if it differs.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:28 AM   #7
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

The problem is that they run all the way back 15 yards before even throwing so pressure is not really a factor. So all you can do is just sit back and just try to defend by taking advantage of the route and sort of pass intefere with the receiver since post and deep routes are the easiest to pass interfere without getting called for it.

It takes practice but once you learn how to do it you'll solve some of those issues. I blitz also to give some sort of pressure to the guy if he sits back there to long.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:38 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Good point; it sucks that people will resort to things online just because they can. I have some plays that work most of the time I use them, but I work constantly and consciously at calling different formations, involving different targets at different depths, running to different holes, and calling plays I haven't run before or that much just to keep the game interesting and eliminate the all-too-pervasive staleness of folks who have thier ten plays and run them all game, whether successful or not.

My favorites so far are:

The flea-flicker: I never even use this play since I see it so much it disgusts me, and it's typically used by guys who can't move the ball any other way.

The four-wides halfback toss.

The corner route to Coates.

The jacks runs to the outside with Earl.

Whenever I see those, I get that same feeling of pity that you get for the people who have to paint the still lifes that go in doctor's offices--it must be dull to have so little imagination

Anyway, helpful thread. I've had an inkling just not to play folks who pair up Cunningham and Earl, not because they can't be stopped (I've beaten those teams more than my fair share of times), but because those teams are often, though not always, a sign of the kind of offensive strategy (or non-strategy) that I find annoying. On the other hand, there is a special relish to beating those guys, and there's one guy who I played yesterday, named netcat, who surprised my by his ability to adjust his offensive playcalling to do something other than toss to Earl, bomb from Cunningham to Harper. In my mind, this phenomenon is one of the better arguments for filling up the friends list with people from here with whom you have an understanding, preople who will not do things just because they can be done in a game for the sake of a player rating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »