Home

Had to come back here

This is a discussion on Had to come back here within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2007, 09:12 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Had to come back here

So what's worse, the Cheesers or the Crybabies...? Oh wait - they're the same guys!

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2007, 10:09 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 11

I only ran into 1 cheeser so far. He had Montana and Young for his gold stars, which is completely a waste of a gold star. All he would do is come out in a hail mary or a 5 reciever set and run around the back field. I played prevent defense and blitzed the linebacker for a sack. I was up 21-0 by the end of the first half and I'm pretty sure he pulled the plug.
MLB: New York Yankees
CFL: BC Lions - I want my Rough Riders back!
Old 08-28-2007, 11:39 PM   #27
Rookie

Idjit... Must'a thought he could run The Wishbone on ye...

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:44 PM   #28
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
I agree Hotshot. I haven't been on 2k boards monitoring for a month or so 'cause I been moving to Cali. But, I'll see if I can help that.
What up Elprez havent seen you online in a minute we gotta get a game of GEARs in one day.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:47 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ronin
I have never understood why the notion is that Defensive players get tired sooner than Offensive players. What? Do coaches universally put those with the least endurance on the Defensive squad? I mean, for criminysake, everybody on the field does the same workouts and two-a-days during training camp and weekly practice. How the hell is it that sports writers, newscasters and videogame producers all decided that Defensive players were out of shape slobs?

Red Ronin

No..its not that simple....But it is simply fact that defenders tire quicker. Golic & Shlereth talk about it all the time. Offensive player know the play and have simple roles. So, the OL will block his guy and when the play leaves the area they are pretty much done, QB hands off, play over. ALL the defenders have to chase to play. For a defender their job is NEVER done until the whistle blows. DTs, DEs are chasing a play downfield 15 yards. Offensive Linemen, QBs etc are not doing this. WRs run a route or block and that its. A cornerback on the weak side of the field could actually run all the way across the field and make a play on a strong side run that was cutback.

For defense, they cover ALOT more ground per play. If defenders stood around as much as offensive players - they wouldnt have a job.....Its nothing about conditioning or anything else. Its just more work. Breaking blocks takes more energy than making blocks, etc, etc....
Old 08-29-2007, 09:59 AM   #30
Rookie

Icon6 Re: Had to come back here

Thanks, Lorax! Excellent points!

Shouldn't building any football team begin with D anyway? It always astounds me when guys in the booth proclaim that a particular team "doesn't have the talent on Defense" to handle another team. I'm like, WTF not? I admit, I take Defense for granted, because I feel that's the foundation of a football team - period. If you don't have talent there, why field a team at all?

I can see how fatigue can keep a Defense winded during a no-huddle Offensive drive. Cool. But why don't coaches make sure to keep fresh players on the field during the rest of the game though? For whatever reason, most coaches In The Real World, do not use No Huddle for a full game. Lack of confidence in their QB perhaps?

So with proper training and practice and the proper personnel on Defense the Coach should be able to switch out practically the entire core of Defensemen every three plays or so... Instead there is such a premium placed on "Starters" that those guys are worked into the ground. I have never understood why Coaches don't use more of their bench when they have the opportunity.

Yet again this is a point within the APF2K8 videogame where I would like to have more control over team management. I should be able to set up Roster 1, Roster 2 & Roster 3 for each Defensive formation, so that I can put in who I want, where I want, when I want - on the fly. That would be considerably better than having to pause the game and make individual substitutions. Instead, I pick Nickel, Dime or 3-4 and a ~*few*~ guys are switched out, while others are still on the field. If I pick Defensive Special Teams, I get a whole bunch of guys, but I have NO WAY of knowing WHO they are... For some reason the Special Teams Depth Chart in the game only shows PR, KR, K & P. That is a major foible IMHO.

Red Ronin

Old 08-29-2007, 10:19 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorax
For defense, they cover ALOT more ground per play. If defenders stood around as much as offensive players - they wouldnt have a job.....Its nothing about conditioning or anything else. Its just more work. Breaking blocks takes more energy than making blocks, etc, etc....
Agreed. To add to that, let's not forget that it's not simply running that causes athletes to tire out. What's even more demanding fatigue wise is sudden stops/starts/changes of direction because you have to completely counteract whatever momentum you already had, stop/turn and then accelerate again. This is much harder on the body than just running a pattern or blocking for a few seconds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2007, 10:24 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Use the substitution screen - you can make package substutions - put your OLB in 4-3 into a DE position in the dime etc...... You can also use sub percentages for when your players should come out. Most of the time, you want to use less than the default for your defense.

At the substitution screen you can also make more changes to kickoff/punt return & coverage teams....Lots more control at that screen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »