Home

Just picked up 2K8...

This is a discussion on Just picked up 2K8... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2007, 02:50 AM   #9
Rookie

badasp83's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Just picked up 2K8...

The biggest downside to this game is the lack of real levels in this game. I usually like to start on Rookie then move up. There's not alot of difference between Rookie and Legend on this game. Fortunatly for me I know how to play football, but for some more novice this may be a problem. I've met people who didn't buy this game for that reason. Personally I think in this day of next gen there should be atleast 6 levels, maybe 10. I think this game should've been available for xbox & ps2. Graphically & technically it could've.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:02 PM   #10
MVP

plasticbeast's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ronin
The reason I hate Accelerated Clock is that I'll run a play and have 25 seconds to call a play. I'll be looking for my next play and maybe 12-15 seconds have passed real time. Just as I find the play and choose it, breaking the huddle with 9 seconds displayed - ~*TWEEEET!!!*~ The refs call me for Delay of Game. I HATE that. With that crap turned off I NEVER get a Delay of Game penalty anymore and I still get to milk the clock.

Red Ronin
The accelerated clock doesn't work like that... It only drops the play clock to 20 secs after you call your play. If you take longer than that to call a play it won't accelerate the clock, so you will come out with 18 secs left and it won't accelerate.

It simulates huddling up if you pick your play quick, so you can't be like madden and run the no huddle by picking plays fast so no time goes off the clock. It makes for more realistic clock management.

OSFL
: Lake County Extreme- 2010 OSFL Champs
NCFA: WVU Mountaineers- As long as we beat Pitt...
BLB: Morgantown Mowhawks- Expansion Team
Old 10-16-2007, 04:04 PM   #11
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Yeh accellerated clock is one of the greatest features of this game and unlike old gen Madden it works under 2 minutes as well. Challenging when you are running a 2 minute offense and great when your winning in a blowout.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2007, 06:30 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, I've noticed that accelerated clock needs to be on. Another question: Is it just me or is blitzing really ineffective in this game? And how many of you find the normal game speed a little slow?
Old 10-16-2007, 11:45 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

"The accelerated clock doesn't work like that... It only drops the play clock to 20 secs after you call your play."

Uhm, it does that when you turn OFF Accelerated Clock too... The time difference is identical to the time allowed/spent for/while the Defense to call a play, assuming the Offense has called their play first. Accelerated Clock has been the same since the very first of Visual Concepts 2K series on Dreamcast. It means precisely what it says - the clock moves faster than normal. Don't believe me? Get a stopwatch and time it yourself.

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]
Old 10-17-2007, 11:53 AM   #14
MVP

plasticbeast's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ronin
"The accelerated clock doesn't work like that... It only drops the play clock to 20 secs after you call your play."

Uhm, it does that when you turn OFF Accelerated Clock too... The time difference is identical to the time allowed/spent for/while the Defense to call a play, assuming the Offense has called their play first. Accelerated Clock has been the same since the very first of Visual Concepts 2K series on Dreamcast. It means precisely what it says - the clock moves faster than normal. Don't believe me? Get a stopwatch and time it yourself.

Red Ronin
So you are saying the clock goes faster than normal the whole time? It might, but it works like I said it does too though. Because the play clock changes colors to red when it gets accelerated then returns back to normal once it hits 20 secs. You are always leaving the huddle with 20 secs left on the play clock. The game clock will also go faster during this time. but will return to " normal" when the play clock get to 20 secs.

So I am not sure if we are saying the same thing in different ways or not.

OSFL

Last edited by plasticbeast; 10-17-2007 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:16 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Ronin's wrong.
With accel clock off, you can pick your plays in 2 seconds, then the clock stops while the defense calls their plays.

If you quick snap, you only take 5-6 seconds off the playclock.
With accel clock on, you take at least 20 seconds off everytime because it goes down to 20 immediately after you call a play on offense. (simulates huddle)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2007, 02:01 PM   #16
MVP

plasticbeast's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
Ronin's wrong.
With accel clock off, you can pick your plays in 2 seconds, then the clock stops while the defense calls their plays.

If you quick snap, you only take 5-6 seconds off the playclock.
With accel clock on, you take at least 20 seconds off everytime because it goes down to 20 immediately after you call a play on offense. (simulates huddle)
Yep, I played with the Accel clock off and on last night to make sure.

OSFL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »