Home

If You Could Choose The Amount of Stars (Gold, Silver, Bronze)

This is a discussion on If You Could Choose The Amount of Stars (Gold, Silver, Bronze) within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you like the option to add Star slots by giving up other star slots?
Yes I would Like That Type of Option BUT, with Limitations Involved 12 40.00%
NO, could you imagine playing online against Rice, Campbell, and Ditka at the same time! 4 13.33%
Yes I would Like That, but with NO Limitations Involved 2 6.67%
I Just Hope We Get 2k9 12 40.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 10:32 PM   #9
Rookie

badasp83's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: If You Could Choose The Amount of Stars (Gold, Silver, Bronze)

I would like to see 12 legends 3 Golds, 4 silvers, and 5 bronzes, er 11= 3 G, 3 S, 5 B. That way I could have 6 on eaCH side of ball. Or maybe add platinum!
Maybe 2 platinum, 2 golds, 3 silvers, 4 bronzes er 1 platinum, 2 golds, 3 silvers, and 5 bronzes!
Old 10-23-2007, 11:27 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I've seen many instances where a player in a certain scheme doesn't play as well as a lesser player in that same scheme. But VC somehow needs to give gamers the ability to see these unique characteristics and reward players that pick the best players to suit their scheme, not just those that pick the best players available because it doesn't always translate to chemistry.
I agree with everything you say, but there is an assumption here that I want to piggy back on and that is "their scheme." To say it another way, "my scheme" and "your scheme." This assumption is a problem. Because to me you cannot create "your scheme." You can only create within the confines of what they give you. So for instance, if I wanted my passing game to be centered on a Triangle concept, I cannot do it. If I want my defense to be a 3-4, that is a pressure scheme based on multiple fronts, heavy movement and timing, I can't have it (3-4 is the defense, pressure is the scheme and that pressure can take many forms, man blitzing, zone blitzing ect). But, but, but. If my scheme was based on sitting back in coverages and allowing my defensive line talent do their thing against the pass, the game is built for that, just the generic Oline need toning down. I'll say it this way. You love the Steelers, I love the Ravens. I like watching the Chargers. I don't like the Patriots but I like watching them if that makes sense LOL. All of these defenses have heavy movement, multiple fronts and are pressure scheme oriented. We cannot mimic them very well with the way the game is currently. But now if we wanted to mimic Cover 2 style defenses then we could get there in many ways. We wouldn't capture it completely because even those systems have some movement. But we would get closer to them moreso than our favorite ball clubs.

Last edited by LBzrule; 10-23-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:42 PM   #11
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5

I think they should let everyone get 3 Golds instead of 2 and mayybe 4 Silvers. I want more legends.

www.2kfootballstrategy.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2007, 03:09 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

The "trading" up or down of star players has been suggested a couple times before. It remains an interesting idea that I hope VC explores.

Even if they made the simple change of giving us 12 star players instead of 11 (an extra Bronze) it would have us all busy tweaking our teams around.

Another change I'd like to see? Reward us for getting Achievements by letting us pick TWO Abilities for a Bronze created player after 25 Achievements, and two for a second Bronze guy after getting all 50. Even better, let us add ONE Ability to a Bronze at 10 Achievements, one to a Silver at 25 Achievements, and one to a Gold at 50 Achievements.

What comes through to me, time and time again, is that the MORE freedom we have to customize and tweak -the BETTER an APF 2K9 game will be.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:18 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
The "trading" up or down of star players has been suggested a couple times before. It remains an interesting idea that I hope VC explores.

Even if they made the simple change of giving us 12 star players instead of 11 (an extra Bronze) it would have us all busy tweaking our teams around.

Another change I'd like to see? Reward us for getting Achievements by letting us pick TWO Abilities for a Bronze created player after 25 Achievements, and two for a second Bronze guy after getting all 50. Even better, let us add ONE Ability to a Bronze at 10 Achievements, one to a Silver at 25 Achievements, and one to a Gold at 50 Achievements.

What comes through to me, time and time again, is that the MORE freedom we have to customize and tweak -the BETTER an APF 2K9 game will be.

Agreed. Also I think they need to pull some stuff from the upcoming College Hoops game. That 2k Share stuff sounds pretty cool and the Play Creator sounds hot. I would love to have a play creator in this game. For offense you can create formations based on the ones already in the game. So if you want tighter splits by the WR's then it's a go. Just don't have things like Emory and Henry lol. Then you can choose how deep you want routes, which routes you want ect. For defense I would love to have two things; 1) Front creator 2) Movement recorder. With the movement recorder you are recording pre-snap movement for guys that are going to rush the passer as well as guys dropping out into coverage. Then give us a button in the interface the activate it all on the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »