Home

If they make an apf 2k9 I hope there isn't a limit on the players you get by tiers...

This is a discussion on If they make an apf 2k9 I hope there isn't a limit on the players you get by tiers... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2007, 12:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
If they make an apf 2k9 I hope there isn't a limit on the players you get by tiers...

If they make an apf 2k9 I hope there isn't a limit on the players you get by tiers because I want to make the 89-93 buffalo bills.If they add jim kelly and bruce smith, then you can't recreate the squad. lofton is gold, thurman is gold, and smith and kelly would be gold too. the same thing for the cowboys if irving and sanders is added to the next game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2007, 04:06 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: If they make an apf 2k9 I hope there isn't a limit on the players you get by tier

We couldn't be on more opposite sides of the spectrum. If they do come out ....no .... WHEN they do come out with APF 2K9 (I got faith in 2K bringing it to market lol ) I hope they keep the tier system. I think if they didn't then the game just wouldn't be as exciting. There is nothing , and I mean NOTHING more rewarding than having a scrub make a key play for you totally surprising your online opponent. I have a few people I play with on my friendslist who actually gameplan for my scrub fullback. I can see behind the "wait" graphic as they actually put a star defender on my scrubs. (You can tell). Having my scrub receivers go over the middle to catch key first down passes is better any day of the week then me dropping one to Burress all day.

Having purchased Halo3, NBA 2K8, COD 4 and PGR 4 has eaten into my football time for sure but I can still get on and get a good game in. Had an exciting over time game today which let me know that I better get some more games in because I was looking REAL rusty out there.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:47 AM   #3
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: If they make an apf 2k9 I hope there isn't a limit on the players you get by tier

I think they should keep the tier system for regular online play, but they should give us the option in leagues or tournaments to set it to as many legends as we want. That way you could really have 32 all time team tournaments, or a league with all generics if you prefer.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:24 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

I know this is probably not possible, but I hoped they can the way of having all the legends of past superbowl teams, and the non famous players can be generic. For example the Pittsburgh Steelers team could have Terry, Franco, Swann, etc. But the second string and third string players could be generic versions of the real people. I know they can't be the Pittsburgh Steelers, but they can be the Pittsburgh Ironman. So it can be 32 of the all time teams, but made generic. With options to fix the uniform colors and logos.

I just can't wait for more information on 2k9.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #5
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

I think they should do 2 things:

1) Add a lot more legends, and let teams pick more legends overall. I feel like the scrub players can be bordeline useless, and it gets old watching gold star players become god-like.

2) There should be some kind of way to exchange gold star picks for more silver or bronze star picks. For some, having a balanced team that lacks star power is the kind of team that they want to build. For instance, I'd be fine with having only one gold player, and then having 4 silvers and 7 bronzes, so I could maybe get an extra player or two for my defense or offensive line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2007, 04:15 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic7
I think they should do 2 things:

1) Add a lot more legends, and let teams pick more legends overall. I feel like the scrub players can be bordeline useless, and it gets old watching gold star players become god-like.

2) There should be some kind of way to exchange gold star picks for more silver or bronze star picks. For some, having a balanced team that lacks star power is the kind of team that they want to build. For instance, I'd be fine with having only one gold player, and then having 4 silvers and 7 bronzes, so I could maybe get an extra player or two for my defense or offensive line.
yeahi posted some thing kind of like that be for i like number 2 lets say i remove 1 gold i get a silver and bronze or 3 bronze give up 2 silvers = 1 more gold 3 bronze = 1 more gold 2 bronze = silver etc i say we have in game cash to buy stuff like stat packages (lets say if i want a cap to play like rod woodson i can buy his package ) or for a cap you can buy it so he can have 5 stats if hes gold 3 for silver 2 for bronze you earn cash by makeing big plays during the game and other game modes and add new game modes we need more then season mode also if i had it how i want it we'd have 500 +legends, lol and fix the cap make it with more hair styles and better looking faces etc and have it so you can fix any thing you want on unis all we can do is hope we get apf2k9 and 2k8 was very good one of if not the best football games i have ever played i dont think they will add it btw they want you to use what you got to make your team good but it will be 100% better if they do add this next year.

Last edited by GameOver; 11-11-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:47 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic7
I feel like the scrub players can be bordeline useless, and it gets old watching gold star players become god-like.
Couldn't disagree more with the scrub comment. I've won plenty of games having scrub players being almost my exclusive scorers. Scrubs have come up with key tackles for me and to be honest it seems most of my interceptions come from the scrubs. But I will agree sometimes the gold guys can look god-like.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:04 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOver
yeahi posted some thing kind of like that be for i like number 2 lets say i remove 1 gold i get a silver and bronze or 3 bronze give up 2 silvers = 1 more gold 3 bronze = 1 more gold 2 bronze = silver etc i say we have in game cash to buy stuff like stat packages (lets say if i want a cap to play like rod woodson i can buy his package ) or for a cap you can buy it so he can have 5 stats if hes gold 3 for silver 2 for bronze you earn cash by makeing big plays during the game and other game modes and add new game modes we need more then season mode also if i had it how i want it we'd have 500 +legends, lol and fix the cap make it with more hair styles and better looking faces etc and have it so you can fix any thing you want on unis all we can do is hope we get apf2k9 and 2k8 was very good one of if not the best football games i have ever played i dont think they will add it btw they want you to use what you got to make your team good but it will be 100% better if they do add this next year.

Makes sense. Give teams a pool of points, and assign each legend a "price." Let players buy as many players as they want long as they stay under their budget. Maybe teams could use leftover points to improve non-legend players. If you set the prices correctly, it would prevent teams that are too powerful, while giving players more flexibility in building their teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »