Home

The Future

This is a discussion on The Future within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2007, 11:39 AM   #25
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Full customization offline.
Online ranked games keep the current system intact.
Online unranked games, you can use your offline fully customised team.

Problem solved.
They'd have to change the current system. No one likes the lack of control over the generic players as it is. I'm just assuming the programming behind allowing those choices is more complicated than simply including an on/off switch. I'm guessing they'd still keep the approach of having one control file (roster file) over allowing multiple files for teams; would add more points of possible corruption/failure.

Or maybe it is a simple solution and I'm over-complicating it. Just doesn't seem to be to me.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2007, 11:44 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
They'd have to change the current system. No one likes the lack of control over the generic players as it is. I'm just assuming the programming behind allowing those choices is more complicated than simply including an on/off switch. I'm guessing they'd still keep the approach of having one control file (roster file) over allowing multiple files for teams; would add more points of possible corruption/failure.

Or maybe it is a simple solution and I'm over-complicating it. Just doesn't seem to be to me.
With todays gaming, nothing is as simplistic as people make it be. We can all write what they should do, but it doesn't make it an easy process.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:58 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin

On the other hand, what if APF 2K9 kept to 11 star players, but allowed us to adjust appearance, numbers, and names for the generics? Would that be enough to satisfy most of us? Or would we demand a few more stars for a Patriot team versus say, the Dolphins?

You can add more custom features without having to allow players to build a "super team".
That would be good to me. I, for one, really like the fact that APF forces you to make tough choices with the allotment of legends. I like limiting the golds and silvers, and I like the fact that half of my starters are average joes. Most teams are like that anyway. What I don't like is that my generic TE wears 44, or my ILB 91. I want to be able to change that stuff. Strange, I know, but that's just my preference.

A bit of a random thought on the issue of expanding the allotment of legends at each tier: I wonder how realistic that is. Would it really be more fun to have two more HOFers on every team? I think there's a saturation point with that, and in my opinion, the 2-3 gold-silver allotment gets it just right.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:05 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
A bit of a random thought on the issue of expanding the allotment of legends at each tier: I wonder how realistic that is. Would it really be more fun to have two more HOFers on every team? I think there's a saturation point with that, and in my opinion, the 2-3 gold-silver allotment gets it just right.
Co-sign. The game is PERFECT as far as balance. I LOVE that you cannot stack a team and thus have to make decisions based off the talent that you have, to run the kinda offense/defense you want to run. No matter how you pick em, you are gonna have holes in your D and weaknesses in your O. You gotta coach/playcall around those weaknesses as well as exploit your opponents weaknesses.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:45 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 19

I say keep it the same, just let us edit everything about the generics
Old 12-06-2007, 11:32 AM   #30
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoons21
I'd mentioned before that PES 08 or whatever is adding the ability to take photos of logos with the Live Vision Camera and put them on the Jerseys in the game and this doesn't seem to be getting much of a stink from EA who holds all of the soccer liscenses. I know there's a lot of debate about wanting more customization and it seems like more and more games are allowing for it. So why not APF?
Unfortunately in PES 08 it keeps limits you to only doing 8 teams with the camera from what I have heard, thus eliminating true full customization. So in most of those 20 team Euro leagues only 8 of those teams can have semi accurate kits (jerseys). Not to mention they stripped all kit editing down to bare bones to stop anyone from truly making a accurate team jersey. The console version is far from Fully Customizable.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:50 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason81Ballin!!!
I say keep it the same, just let us edit everything about the generics
As long as I can also edit what they are good at so that everybody doesn't do the same thing well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2007, 12:14 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Co-sign. The game is PERFECT as far as balance. I LOVE that you cannot stack a team and thus have to make decisions based off the talent that you have, to run the kinda offense/defense you want to run. No matter how you pick em, you are gonna have holes in your D and weaknesses in your O. You gotta coach/playcall around those weaknesses as well as exploit your opponents weaknesses.
That's precisely what I love about the game as well; it really highlights the playcalling, the strategic use of generics, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »