Home

Anybody ever heard of this?

This is a discussion on Anybody ever heard of this? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2007, 10:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Anybody ever heard of this?

I was reading about Mike Vick and his potential to return to professional football. At the end of the article, the journalist mentioned that his only shot at playing pro ball again might be this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...eague_(planned)

Vick and his troubles aside, what do you guys think? Should 2K pursue a license agreement with this new league when it starts or should they stick with the legends? Maybe a mix of both?

Discuss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2007, 11:35 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 17
Re: Anybody ever heard of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrobbone
I was reading about Mike Vick and his potential to return to professional football. At the end of the article, the journalist mentioned that his only shot at playing pro ball again might be this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...eague_(planned)

Vick and his troubles aside, what do you guys think? Should 2K pursue a license agreement with this new league when it starts or should they stick with the legends? Maybe a mix of both?

Discuss.
A mix of undrafted NFL players with NFL Legends? That wouldn't be much fun at all. I say they keep the Legends thing, but really try to get more Legends, and throw in some more things. Like a Franchise type mode, but with NO SALARIES. Here are some things I would consider...

After each season, release like 5 players from your roster, each team does the same, all thrown into a pool and a Draft takes place. This would help keep teams somewhat balanced because the teams that did terrible would upgrade their "scrubs", and the teams that did really well would downgrade.

Superstar mode, have total control over 1 Legend.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm assuming that VC would allow an option to play without the legends in the league so we have a choice. Hell, maybe they could also throw in the random generated players as well a'la APF 2K8.

The more choices we have, the better.

Right?

At least we would have a basis in reality for the game.

We'd have real logos, real stadiums, etc.

If I had my way, they'd license the old USFL logos and such. Then again, if I had my way, there would be two game franchises with an official NFL license.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #4
Pro

madscientist's Arena

OVR: 5

I would like to see them ship a blank template for players and let us create ALL of the players we want. The gold/silver/bronze tiers could still be used, by allowing us to create only a set amount of each player for each team, so you don't run across teams with 22 gold caliber players.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

I just wish they would get the share of NFL license,and make an NFL game with current players, as well as legends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2008, 06:27 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

If 2K did a UFL football game, it would be easy to have a Franchise mode, salary cap, draft and so forth. Things they still have to figure out how to do in an APF game with Legends included.

It would be closer to a niche title, but APF has had limited appeal too (due, mostly, to lacking a license and limited custom features I think). As was said, having real teams, players and stadiums never hurts.

I would think a UFL license would be very cheap, as a new league needs all the exposure they can get, and a licensed game would be excellent advertising for the UFL.

Nothing wrong with doing TWO football games either, a more customizable APF game and a UFL 2K9 game. Release APF in the Spring, say June, and the UFL game in August.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »