Home

Just got the game..

This is a discussion on Just got the game.. within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2007, 08:12 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Just got the game..

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmarvel
T Man, bravo. You really nailed how well they nailed QB play in this game, and the general move toward sig style and individual player personality -- by which I mean different skills and feels among players -- in APF. It's something you don't notice at first, then wonder how you ever lived without it in a football game.

Man, I hope they make another one.
I agree with your statements wholeheartedly. This game has so many little nuances that it takes a while for you to notice them all. Trojan Man's breakdown of the players in the game was spot on. These guys have different strengths and weaknesses and you have to account for that. I still don't think that APF gets enough credit for bringing individual player styles to football gaming. It adds so much depth to gameplay.

I'm hoping they make another APF as well. I'd like for them to keep the legends and continue expanding on what they've started with this year's version.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:17 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood055
Play like a real QB. Dont run around and throw off your back foot. This isn't Madden. Make your drop, while making your drop look at your primary reciever to see if he is gonna get open. When your drop is complete if the primary reciever is open throw it to him. If not check you secondary reciever. If he aint open throw to your checkdown. If you have a scrambling QB ( Elway, Cunningham, someone else with the scramble ability) this is the time you could scramble if you see a spot for your QB to roll out to .
Sure he can do all that or go get a real QB.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:47 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 28

Once you get good with timing with a qb you can switch to a bronze qb. I use Harbaugh and he's a bad bad man. It just takes practice.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:34 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Exactly what I've done. I LOVE Harbaugh, as he seems to be able to do a little bit of everything well. Every now and again I'll use a gold QB just for fun, but you can get most of what you need, depending on your offensive style, out of bronze guys. Bartkowski is ubiquitous online for similar reasons.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:42 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood055
Play like a real QB. Dont run around and throw off your back foot. This isn't Madden. Make your drop, while making your drop look at your primary reciever to see if he is gonna get open. When your drop is complete if the primary reciever is open throw it to him. If not check you secondary reciever. If he aint open throw to your checkdown. If you have a scrambling QB ( Elway, Cunningham, someone else with the scramble ability) this is the time you could scramble if you see a spot for your QB to roll out to .
You speak the truth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2007, 05:44 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Exactly what I've done. I LOVE Harbaugh, as he seems to be able to do a little bit of everything well. Every now and again I'll use a gold QB just for fun, but you can get most of what you need, depending on your offensive style, out of bronze guys. Bartkowski is ubiquitous online for similar reasons.
I've got one team that goes a step further and has a generic quarterback. The other five skill players on offense (2 WR, 2 RB, TE) are all legends, though, so he just has to sit back and distribute the ball.

It's an entertaining team because it takes the traditional West Coast Offense "simplicity in personnel" maxim to the limit. The same eleven guys line up on the field in every formation except for the power running ones, and in a perfect game everyone gets some yardage.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:58 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I play a guy regularly with the sig JPH, and he does that. He's scary good with it--he gets just enough out of the guy to keep himself in every game, and he's got a really inventive playbook. It adds a lot of fun to the game to experiment with all the different kinds of teams you can have, but I've only ever tried the generic QB once, and that was vs. my brother in an unranked game. I won, but I'm not sure I'm ready to go that route regularly

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »