Home

buy a PS3 or XBox360 for APF?

This is a discussion on buy a PS3 or XBox360 for APF? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: buy a PS3 or XBox360 for APF?

Mine is a lunch system(xbox 360) so it has been years running fine. I dust it often, keep it off when not being used and all in all try to keep the heat down on it.

BUT I do feel like a "Dead man walking" since I have had it since launch and it could be anyday now I get the Red-Ring.

But I am going buy a PS3 here in june. So I am stoked I have a backup in case the 360 ever goes down.

My honest opinion would be the PS3, blue can't be beat for the price. $349 for basic 360 plays only games or $399 for basic PS3 plays blueray movies and games. I find you get much more for that $50 extra dollars.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:08 PM   #10
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Mine is a lunch system(xbox 360) so it has been years running fine. I dust it often, keep it off when not being used and all in all try to keep the heat down on it.

BUT I do feel like a "Dead man walking" since I have had it since launch and it could be anyday now I get the Red-Ring.

But I am going buy a PS3 here in june. So I am stoked I have a backup in case the 360 ever goes down.

My honest opinion would be the PS3, blue can't be beat for the price. $349 for basic 360 plays only games or $399 for basic PS3 plays blueray movies and games. I find you get much more for that $50 extra dollars.
I'm right there with you. I have a 360 launch system that red ringed on GTAIV. It's still running now, but freezes a LOT. I'm holding out until the MGSIV/PS3 combo pack is available in June, then I'm sending in my 360 for repairs and buying a PS3.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #11
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
I hear all these horror stories about 360's breaking down, but I've had mine for 1.5 years and haven't had an issue yet (knocking on wood).
I'm glad someone is happy. I hope it continues for you.

However, my first xbox 360 was fine for the first year and couple of months. Now I'm on my 3rd or 4th, with another coming soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2008, 04:17 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 17

I'm on my 3rd 360, but I don't see the sense in making a next gen system purchase based soley on the merit of a dead sports title that in all likelihood represents the end of the franchise. APF is a bare-bones port of 2K5 so if you have 2K5 you'd be better off sticking with that. At least then you get the NFL teams and players along with the bells and whistles that got scraped out of the APF release.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:48 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

thanks for your comments.

I'll buy a PS3 bundle, perhaps the GTA4 Pack.
Or some Bundles that launch in the next 1-3 months.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:11 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 28

i have APF on both ps3 and Xbox360. Its better on the 360. ps3 doesnt look as vibrant and it just doesnt run as smooth.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:12 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
I'm on my 3rd 360, but I don't see the sense in making a next gen system purchase based soley on the merit of a dead sports title that in all likelihood represents the end of the franchise. APF is a bare-bones port of 2K5 so if you have 2K5 you'd be better off sticking with that. At least then you get the NFL teams and players along with the bells and whistles that got scraped out of the APF release.
The gameplay of 2k8 is alot better then 2k5. Imo by a huge margin. Overall though 2k5 is better, becuase well, it has everything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2008, 09:45 AM   #16
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugartj
thanks for your comments.

I'll buy a PS3 bundle, perhaps the GTA4 Pack.
Or some Bundles that launch in the next 1-3 months.
If you ever want to play ESPN NFL 2K5 on your PS3, you have to get a certain hard drive; I think it's the 60 gig, but I'm not sure. Maybe one of the guys who owns a PS3 could confirm?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »