Home

Intangibles and Team Rating

This is a discussion on Intangibles and Team Rating within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2008, 09:19 PM   #1
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23
Intangibles and Team Rating

Does anyone have an idea of how important the intangible abilities have effected their games.

I started putting stamina bonus guys on defense and they not only played better, but the whole team plays better and stay on the field longer without getting substituted.

Also it seems that all the clutch players on offense seem to be all the cheesiest players in the game. Mostly wide receivers. Those players almost always make the play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Intangibles and Team Rating

Well, I took your cue and put together that Badgers team using as many guys as possible with Stamina and Durability bonuses, and they played pretty well. I think you're on to something.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:51 PM   #3
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Well, I took your cue and put together that Badgers team using as many guys as possible with Stamina and Durability bonuses, and they played pretty well. I think you're on to something.
I gave Lawrence Taylor Stamina Bonus and now my whole defensive unit stays on the field even after long runs where they are chasing.

They no longer get tired. It just doesn't effect just one player. By having just one player in a high tier with an intangible it effects the whole team.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:14 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

That's interesting. I went in a different direction from stamina and put an all-clutch team together. I think I was able to get 7 guys with that ability on the squad, and man does it make a difference. It doesn't show up every play, but is shows up several times in the course of a game, and that squad is currently my favorite to play with. I've gotten timely forced fumbles, unbelievable catches on throws from my clutch QB, unbelievable catches from my clutch WR, and even a KR for a TD in a clutch situation by one of my clutch guys.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I can totally see an all-clutch team being fun to play with. The Montana-to-Clark combo on a 49ers-themed squad I had was unstoppable on third downs and in late-game situations.

Does stamina really carry over from one player to his teammates? I've never looked for that.

Has anyone ever tried making an all-intangibles team comprised entirely of players with clutch or leadership or both? Is that even possible?

For kicks, I once thought about making an entire team of players who went on to become college or pro head coaches or coordinators ... like Ditka and Willie Wood, Noll and Jim Zorn, etc. Not sure if there are enough players at the right positions to do that. (For instance, who would be the running back?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

You can get pretty close. Here's mine:

G Randy White
G Gino Marchetti

S Ken Stabler
S Dick Anderson
S Jan Stenerud

B Dwight Clark
B Ricky Sanders
B Scott Studwell
B Nolan Cromwell
B Barry Foster
B Rulon Jones

Now you could go with a silver DE instead of Stenerud and then add a bronze QB with Leadership, sub out Cromwell for Lewis and you'd be one player away. If you cut one of the golds and got a gold RB with leadership you could add a lineman with leadership at the bronze level and have a whole squad like this:

G Paul Horning
G Randy White

S Dick Anderson
S Jack Youngblood
S Greg Llloyd

B John Brodie
B Steve Wisnewski
B Scott Studwell
B Albert Lewis
B Ricky Sanders
B Dwight Clark

For my tastes I like Stabler at QB and I LOVE Stenerud. Sanders and Clark actually complement each other well at WR, and my defense is anywhere between solid and sick, depending on the game. Dick Anderson is super clutch.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

How about this?

G -- Joe Montana
G -- Marcus Allen

S -- Elvin Bethea
S -- Dick Anderson
S -- Greg Lloyd

B -- Dwight Clark
B -- Ricky Sanders
B -- Curry/Winewski
B -- Chuck Noll
B -- Albert Lewis
B -- ??
Old 07-25-2008, 02:22 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Pretty good squad. If you're going to stick with Montana, you might use your last bronze on a pass-blocking guard to help with that 1-3-step west coast drop. You don't really need tackles with that style of passing game, as ends won't have enough time to get to you.

If you want to have everyone with leadership or clutch ability, you could also switch Montana for a bronze QB with one of those and add any number of golds with leadership and/or clutch.

I played a guy last night who had Aikman and Reed, and let me tell ya', 3rd and long was almost automatic with those two--the intangible attribute combos really do mean something. I was lucky enough to win by a point

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »