Home

"This feels weird"

This is a discussion on "This feels weird" within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
"This feels weird"

Had a friend over yesterday and fired up APF. He'd only played Madden before and never played a 2K game. Needless to say, he didn't take an immediate liking to the game, especially when he tried dropping back 20 yards and throwing off his back foot.

His pass wobbled and came up well short and I picked it off. He said "That never happens in Madden." I told him I know and that's why, among other reasons, I don't play Madden anymore.

I won 42-14 (and that was with me trying to not score), thanks to the 4 INTs he threw -- all attributed to his running backwards and throwing off his back foot. Asked him if he wanted to play a 2nd game and he said no. Guess that's one person that won't be converting. He did comment on how APF felt "more real" than Madden and that you had to have a definite strategy to be successful.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 05:44 PM   #2
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: "This feels weird"

That's what she said.

Sorry I couldn't help it.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:31 AM   #3
Rookie for life...

Wasted Penguins's Arena

OVR: 12

I played a guy in Online dynasty last night in NCAA 09 and he did that. He'd drop back 20 yards and wait for his speed WR to get open. My first thought was this would never happen in APF!
Cleveland Indians
Cleveland Cavs
Cleveland Browns
Columbus Bluejackets
The Ohio State University Buckeyes
The Youngstown State University Penguins
Old 07-30-2008, 08:24 AM   #4
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Had a friend over yesterday and fired up APF. He'd only played Madden before and never played a 2K game. Needless to say, he didn't take an immediate liking to the game, especially when he tried dropping back 20 yards and throwing off his back foot.
My buddy is the same way. He played APF with me a couple times and won't ever play it again. He couldn't complete a pass because he would try to pass while running backwards every play. He is actually pretty decent at Madden and NCAA though. He kept saying "God, I hate this game! It's just not fun at all!" lol

What I don't get is the people on forums who say EA football is more sim or realistic than APF.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:14 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted Penguins
I played a guy in Online dynasty last night in NCAA 09 and he did that. He'd drop back 20 yards and wait for his speed WR to get open. My first thought was this would never happen in APF!
While APF is better, this does happen in APF. Have you ever played a Cunningham user? Actually anyone with a rocket-armed QB who is ranked in the top 250 or higher is guaranteed to run back farther than normal and wait for their guy to get open and wing it in there. They need to fix the closing speed of the rush and give QBs a serious hit for doing this. It is tons better than what Madden/NCAA give you, though, to be sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »