Home

Best MLB

This is a discussion on Best MLB within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 08:45 AM   #9
MVP

Chrono's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Best MLB

I've got Singletary playing behind the Fridge and Clyde Simmons on one of my teams. I pretty much only play against one of my friends, but this setup has been pretty good at shutting him down.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:47 AM   #10
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6

• gold mlb= singletery, silver mlb= karl mecklenberg, broze mlb= ken norton and chris spellmen . i dont use mlb's that much tho, i think its better to have two good olb's. Olb's do a better job at stopping the run then mlb's, IMO .
Old 08-08-2008, 09:03 AM   #11
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

Most people that play online are pass happy, so unless u have a gold mlb or a silver like Nick bonacontti, its a wasted pick because once u go to nickle or dime defense their off the field. Because the guys that do run some, will run the ball out of 3 and 4 wr sets. just my two cents .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 11:47 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

You're right about pass-happy onliners. Buoniconti is a good pick because of the coverage ability, but I've found that I get tremendous production out of Bosworth. He batted down 4 balls last game alone.

I do like the Mecklenburg and Singletary suggestions, though. Soooo many choices!
Old 08-08-2008, 01:20 PM   #13
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
You're right about pass-happy onliners. Buoniconti is a good pick because of the coverage ability, but I've found that I get tremendous production out of Bosworth. He batted down 4 balls last game alone.

I do like the Mecklenburg and Singletary suggestions, though. Soooo many choices!
i like to run the 4-3 defense, i have found out in this defense ilb's with run coverage do better then guys with run reader. I've tried butkas , harry carson and tuggle, and i think because of there run reader i dont get as much out of them as i do with Mecklenberg and Singletary. And most of my teams dont have a mlb anyway. And also ive tried Boz today and he did well, i like his quick feet.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

I use singletary. He is all over the field. He is very fast so he gets to the perimeter of the field well and contains outside and long runs. In addition if you play him a deep zone with him in the middle he does a solid job of stopping deep post routes.

One more point, if you have a good nose tackle or good tackles and you blitz him up the middle he has a descent success at getting to the quarterback.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:53 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Interesting. I went with him when I first got the game, but had trouble succeeding initially. Then, once I saw how pass happy everyone is online, I went away from the run the ball and stop the run philosophy and toward a stop the pass and try to stop the run on occasion. I can't tell you how many times I got burnt on the post by the slot receiver on 3rd down . . .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2008, 02:34 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 28

Joe Schmidt is awesome. I use him on a few of my teams. He can pretty much lock down the center of the field unless they get really deep. He's an int machine too. I pair him up with Lloyd and it works great for me. Schmidt also has signal stealer, so thats helpful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »