Home

Old 08-15-2008, 03:56 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Gale

Nuff said. I got torched so bad by Sayers tonight I just had to go public with it. This cat, who played totally sim ball ran for 355 yards on me with Gale. First it was the power o, so I did the DL fan and stuffed it for a series or two, then it was the iso, and then it was 4 rushing TDs later. I swear that guy is blindingly fast--if he even has the smallest crease it's over.

I just had to try it for myself, and I gashed a guy for a buck thirty something, but lost in OT.

I think Gale is the Earl of speed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 08:43 AM   #2
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Gale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Nuff said. I got torched so bad by Sayers tonight I just had to go public with it. This cat, who played totally sim ball ran for 355 yards on me with Gale. First it was the power o, so I did the DL fan and stuffed it for a series or two, then it was the iso, and then it was 4 rushing TDs later. I swear that guy is blindingly fast--if he even has the smallest crease it's over.

I just had to try it for myself, and I gashed a guy for a buck thirty something, but lost in OT.

I think Gale is the Earl of speed
Yeah im more afraid of gale and oj then say earl. And gale is soooo good on punts and kickoffs.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:29 AM   #3
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Those are the most deadliest backs in the game. Gale and O.J.

I see alot of people complain about Earl and the power backs but its these guys that really destroy.

The problem is they have the power of a power back to break tackles with the speed of a wide receiver.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:43 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Never had a problem with them except when they're used on screens. Luckily, I guess I've never played an opponent who has mastered the use of Gale. Me, I can't use him for anything. I can break a tackle but after that he's swarmed on and shut down for any repeat broken tackles.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:26 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

This guy was good, I mean really good. He knew EXACTLY when to cut it up on that power o play so Gale was hitting the crease at full speed. I replayed it just because I was so amazed at the execution. If you know what you're doing with him, it's pretty dangerous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 11:39 AM   #6
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Guys like Earl and Emmitt are brutal with their broken tackles but at least breaking those tackles slows them down. OJ, and Sayers; if theres an inch therye gonna take a mile.
Its that combo of Speed Burner and Break away.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:45 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Yup, that's the problem--you miss a tackle and they don't slow down. One funny play was when Lott hammered--I mean hammered--Gale and caused a fumble. I didn't recover, and the next play Gale's up and running full speed. There should be some kind of lasting effect from hits like that, even if only for a few plays. That's why they're called "woo hits" for god's sake!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »