Home

Players who Dont ball for you

This is a discussion on Players who Dont ball for you within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2009, 10:38 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: Players who Dont ball for you

Jack Tatum and Dick Anderson. These 2 make me curse aloud.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Jack Tatum and Dick Anderson. These 2 make me curse aloud.
I always liked Anderson, but Tatum can drive you nuts. He will mis-play balls in coverage and just drive you batty sometimes. And then he'll knock a dude out, cause a fumble, or pick one off. I just can't tell which is the real Tatum, lol.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:40 AM   #51
Rookie

sleepychicken's Arena

OVR: 4

Any gold CB's or DE's. They seem to occasionally make outstanding plays (maybe once or twice a game) but otherwise seem like a wasted pick to me. The stronger/faster DE's and DT's seem to get pulled onto the ground a lot by the OL. This doesn't seem to be a problem with most silvers or any bronzes.

Any ILB or blitzing OLB. Blitz never seems to get through, ILB's always get caught in the muck (I'm too much of a spaz to control LBs myself). I get much better results from Bednarik and the pass coverage OLB's, even on running plays.

Paul Hornung - what a waste. Had him on my first league team, which was created within a week of the games release. No stamina, no speed, no ability to break tackles, and soft hands my balls... he dropped at least a dozen wide open passes in the middle of the field for me, and that was with Archie Manning and his wet noodle arm passing to him. Not exactly rockets he was dropping.

All Bronze DT's besides Perry and Saleamua.

All Bronze DE's besides Simmons and Manley.

All Bronze HB's besides Foster, Okoye, and Means.

Randall C.... I've never been much of a scrambler in any game. don't look for it, only when I have absolutely no option do I take a glance, so I suppose he's not for me, but I don't think I ever won a game with him in the lineup.

Charlie Waters... waste for me, does nothing well... much better off with Van Pelt at LOLB to cover the run and the TE.

Dan Hampton... get more production out of my generics or even the Fridge.

Keith Millard... see above
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2009, 03:14 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 14

Why the heck is Paul Hornung so worthless. I mean, I know he had ****ty stats, but jeez. Average speed, average agility. He has soft hands, but when split out wide is garbage, drops more passes than a generic.

Also, Tony Canadeo. I gave him a shot, put him in a team, nothing. Changed the offensive style, gave him another shot, nothing. How is this guy Silver?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:45 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

IDK about Hornung. We might just have two totally different experiences with him, but one of my buddies has used him a bit, and I've seen him run over Lott twice. That's pretty damn hard to do. He's not a burner, for sure, but he's not slow.

Never gave Canadeo a real shot, though. He might be a nice change of pace back and return man.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:08 AM   #54
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidsboroff
Why the heck is Paul Hornung so worthless. I mean, I know he had ****ty stats, but jeez. Average speed, average agility. He has soft hands, but when split out wide is garbage, drops more passes than a generic.

Also, Tony Canadeo. I gave him a shot, put him in a team, nothing. Changed the offensive style, gave him another shot, nothing. How is this guy Silver?
I've been using Hornung lately and I really like the way he plays. As Trojan mentioned, he has pretty good power and will break a few tackles for you. I've also found him to be very reliable in the passing game, especially when put in 3- and 4-WR sets.

You have to really know what plays he does well in and keep running those because I'm starting to find plays where it's just not worth it to call for him, because they just won't work.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-26-2009, 03:32 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
IDK about Hornung. We might just have two totally different experiences with him, but one of my buddies has used him a bit, and I've seen him run over Lott twice. That's pretty damn hard to do. He's not a burner, for sure, but he's not slow.

Never gave Canadeo a real shot, though. He might be a nice change of pace back and return man.
Floyd Little runs over Lott a little less then half the time i try it with him.
staying on topic, i have some trouble running with Thermal. i used to be great with him, but now i can do better with most of the bronze backs

"Now I do right.. wherever I can manage
The devil was eating me alive but I climbed out of that sandwich"
Cunninlynguist - Doin' Alright
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2009, 11:29 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

I am so torn about Lester Hayes. He was a bum for me in season one of the league I'm in, but I've recently put him back on a team. He was a man corner irl, and obviously excelled in press coverage. In my latest lab game, which put him in that role, I think he only allowed or or two catches, and none for significant yardage, but it looked like he was always getting beat and was preventing completions by lucky last-second swats at the ball.

I can't decide if he's really good and he just likes to bait quarterbacks, or if he kind of sucks and just gets lucky when he swats the ball.

I do know that he's an asset in the running game, big time, but as a cover guy, what do you guys think?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »