Home

Players You Wish You Could Quit

This is a discussion on Players You Wish You Could Quit within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2008, 03:43 PM   #9
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Players You Wish You Could Quit

Yeah man those generics piss a lot of people off. I find it comical when people pause the game and make defensive matchups against that team.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Haha. I almost never pause and replay just because most people don't like it or misinterpret it, but I almost replayed that play where your QB completed a Favre-like lob while on the run and being hit. I was cussing up a storm in my living room, lol.

We should do a game where you roll with your all-d team and I roll with an all-o team. I don't have one, but I could make one and see how it plays out. Or vice versa, two all-d teams and two all-generic offenses. That would be fun.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #11
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Most definitely. I'd be down with both of those games for sure. I know it will be a battle like always.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 10:39 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Someone I have gone away from but this thread has made me want to go back to is Jan Stenerud. I love the way this guy booms kickoffs--legend returners are immediately rendered a non-issue. And the FG range and consistency is flat out amazing.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:57 PM   #13
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Someone I have gone away from but this thread has made me want to go back to is Jan Stenerud. I love the way this guy booms kickoffs--legend returners are immediately rendered a non-issue. And the FG range and consistency is flat out amazing.
I used Stenerud for months since he was so reliable with the kickoffs. However as a silver he is a high price to pay. So for a few months I ran with a generic QB. However since I stopped using legend kickers in general I have not had any problems with kick returns.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:38 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

It is a high price, to be sure, but man is it nice to know you won't have a return. I just won a game by a FG, and would have won by more had Barney not taken one to the house on me.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:09 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 34

Natrone Means. Whenevr I find myself going to my bornze picks, I am drawn to the man like a dope addict who as escaped from detox.

Ive had to discipline myself to not put him on each and evry single team I create.

I can run with him better then any of the silver backs (Curt Warner the only possible exception).

He is such a friggen bargain.

Lamar Lathon- I cant explain it for the life of me, but I get as many plays out of him as I do out of Derrick Thomas.
So why bother picking DT??

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 09-10-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2008, 12:06 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
Ottis Anderson - I use him mainly because of him being a 90 Giant. However he is a beast with that power of his. The thing is all the gold finesse backs are way better since they get that force field when juking that makes them untouchable at times. I've always wanted to use one but have not, since I want to stick with Anderson. I have tried others but I keep coming back to him.

Mike Ditka - One of the best offensive players in the game in soo many ways. He is like a lineman with his superior runblocking and strength. Not to mention he can catch and power over people. He reminds me soo much like Mark Bavaro, same number and everything. I have 2 teams and he is on both of them. I tried other people but he is just too good to replace.
I'm totally addicted to Otis Anderson as well. I used to only mess with Roger Craig for my back, but Otis is such a beast, you can literally run a no huddle down the field with that guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »