Home

APF Will Win With This Approach (Link)

This is a discussion on APF Will Win With This Approach (Link) within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2008, 12:23 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 29
APF Will Win With This Approach (Link)

Most complaints I have heard have been about the lacking features for Franchise Mode. Well, here is a way 2K can get legit players AND teams. I present, the AAFL.

For any of you that are wondering what ever happened to Chris Leak or Tee Martin from Florida and Tennessee, I give you the Draft PDF.

I will be posting this over at 2K in hopes that they will consider using this approach to help popularize the APF and AAFL. They can pay substantially less to the players involved and also help capitalize the possibilities of a new football league.

My idea was first publicized on a UFL (United Football League) Blog.

Here is a link to my original Blog Post
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2008, 11:46 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: APF Will Win With This Approach (Link)

I think it's a good idea but no sense in banking a whole gaming franchise on semi-pro leagues that have historically failed to make it past 2 seasons, let alone one. If the league is a success I'm sure the EA will buy them up or the NFL will merge with them as a developmental league.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:43 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 29

My attitude is "what does either party have to lose?".

Know what I mean?
Old 10-12-2008, 12:55 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Man, I really appreciate your hard work and thought--I love this game, too, sometimes to a fault. I'm not sure that this is the direction, though. Branding the game with the all-time greats was not enough to move units, and I'm skeptical that Eric Crouch will do the trick. If they were to go this route, the whole league would be generics . J/K.

Really, though, they either have to go all-fictional and give us a short story board for the history of the league and its stars (and I don't think it would take all that much to make us happy on that front), or just re-release another legends-based game.

While I really, really want the former because it would allow for a much more robust offline mode, I think it's the latter that we're gonna get, if we get anything at all. If the dev. team was leery of doing another permutation of the Blitz theme last year, they're not likely to embrace the idea this year, especially when they've got contracts for the existing legends. And of course there's the problem of how to implement their revolutionary player attribute system over the course of several seasons. I could see it being very difficult to ensure via coding that players would come in with a tenable distribution of abilities, whether in terms of number of abilities per player or overall distribution of abilities. To do this right, they would almost have to create thousands of players before the fact that the game would then simply release during draft classes.

Then, of course, there's the cusomization option, but I really don't think we're gonna get a fully custmizeable game either because it would problematize the whole online setup and that's what this game is currently built upon.

Just my humble two cents, but if you know people over there and have some influence, by all means use it. And thanks again for your thoughtful contribution.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:09 PM   #5
Rookie

jackw's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
My attitude is "what does either party have to lose?".

Know what I mean?
It's a great idea. I really wouldn't care for the names. The reason why didn't buy APF was due to the lack of franchise. 2K needs to get something going!
FIGHT FOR OLD D.C.!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 10:23 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

they should of made a custimizable game
Old 10-14-2008, 10:39 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 10

I think most could care less about names....just give us a franchise.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:30 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

All generic, fully customizable, in depth franchise....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »