Home

Pursuit issues

This is a discussion on Pursuit issues within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2008, 02:41 PM   #1
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6
Pursuit issues

I've had the game a few months, but I've not played it that much due to frustration. I usually play co-op with my son on the same team.

We tried it again last night, and once again I realized why we hadn't played it in a long time. Both CPU TD's were 60-80 yard plays. Both were to players that weren't even bronze stars. One was a TE, and he burned us for 60 yards. We had 2 CB's and 1 SS running after him. My son was tapping to catch up, and I was trying to hold down and do speed bursts. Neither of us could catch him.

Is this a common issue that people just fix with sliders? I love the animations in the game, and how realistic the slipping, falling, ect is, but the pursuit seems way out of wack. The CPU has no problem running me down, so I don't know what the issue is.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2008, 03:01 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Pursuit issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxzone
I've had the game a few months, but I've not played it that much due to frustration. I usually play co-op with my son on the same team.

We tried it again last night, and once again I realized why we hadn't played it in a long time. Both CPU TD's were 60-80 yard plays. Both were to players that weren't even bronze stars. One was a TE, and he burned us for 60 yards. We had 2 CB's and 1 SS running after him. My son was tapping to catch up, and I was trying to hold down and do speed bursts. Neither of us could catch him.

Is this a common issue that people just fix with sliders? I love the animations in the game, and how realistic the slipping, falling, ect is, but the pursuit seems way out of wack. The CPU has no problem running me down, so I don't know what the issue is.

Thanks in advance!
Hey, man. You can definitely address this for offline games by upping your pursuit slider.

For online, I really don't notice this much. The only time I see really weird angles to the ball is on passes in the flat when running a short zone--it's like the corners don't know how to break on the ballcarrier in that location. Otherwise, pursuit seems fine to me.

Hope that helps!
Old 10-16-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Pursuit issues

These are the sliders I use when I play Co-op offline

Human/CPU

blocking 0/0
passing 0/90
running 0/90
catching 0/0
coverage 0/0
pursuit 0/0
tackling 0/0
stamina 25/25

injury 50
fumble 100
interception 100

I play 10 minute quarters with accelerated clock all penalties on 50 if you try them out make sure auto-substitution is set to 30 sub out 85 sub in(you must change it in-game it's located under gameplan)

it could also be play calling even the slowest guy will burn you if you don't cover him well but most likely it's the sliders

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »