Home

My 360 is back

This is a discussion on My 360 is back within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2008, 06:36 PM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
My 360 is back

Only took a week to get it back from M$. It's the same console I sent in, too, which is kinda cool. Definitely sounds quieter and runs smoother.

So, give me a few days to get back into playing 2k8 and then I'm going to activate my 1-month Gold trial and take on some of you guys online. I'm sure I'll get creamed, but it'll be a good chance for me to test the online gaming waters.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 06:58 PM   #2
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: My 360 is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Only took a week to get it back from M$. It's the same console I sent in, too, which is kinda cool. Definitely sounds quieter and runs smoother.

So, give me a few days to get back into playing 2k8 and then I'm going to activate my 1-month Gold trial and take on some of you guys online. I'm sure I'll get creamed, but it'll be a good chance for me to test the online gaming waters.
Well, I just got my confirmation back for my 3RD 360, so I should have it back by next week. Is that 1 month gold card what they sent you for your trouble? As I told them, I'm glad I'm getting it fixed for free, but damn this is360#3! I may have to invest in a PS3, and get AP for that.

Last edited by drae2; 10-24-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:27 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Friend me and hit me up, DJ. I've got a team that I can't win with for my life, so I'll give you an easy game to get you back into the swing of things.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Trojan Man and myself just completed 2 very good games. I was able to pick up the win in the first game with my pre-1980's team (aside from Wesley Walker) and Trojan got me in the 2nd, with his strong D team.

So, 3-1 on my first day of online gaming. Not too shabby.

But man, after playing this, there's no way I can go back to Madden.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 10-30-2008, 06:08 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Good games, for sure, DJ. Playing APF does make Madden feel like, well, not the real thing. What's great about this game is that in the two games I played you, I saw two things I've never seen before: Floyd Little stiff arm Greg Lloyd, and Derrick Thomas's ball-strip animation. That was so cool, and it's even cooler that it actually worked and you got the recovery. I'm just lucky it didn't come back to bite me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2008, 06:36 PM   #6
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Good games, for sure, DJ. Playing APF does make Madden feel like, well, not the real thing. What's great about this game is that in the two games I played you, I saw two things I've never seen before: Floyd Little stiff arm Greg Lloyd, and Derrick Thomas's ball-strip animation. That was so cool, and it's even cooler that it actually worked and you got the recovery. I'm just lucky it didn't come back to bite me.
That laser pass you got off with Aikman while he was taking a shot to the chest was pretty neat, too.

I'd be taking Madden back if I hadn't gotten it for so cheap. Still, I think my days playing that game are done, especially now that I'm starting to play APF online. It just opens up a whole new world.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 10-30-2008, 11:06 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 55

I got madden 3 days before it was released. I was super excited as I love football and had really high hopes. After about 2 weeks I couldn't even bring myself to turn the game on. It was then I went back to that old addiction... APF LOL. This game has hooked me more than any game, ever. Tecmo Super Bowl was kinda close when I was like 12... but this is different.

I'm sitting in Biochemical Engineering class taking notes and multitasking by tweaking my APF team at the same time lol. The endless possibilities and the chess match keep me coming back.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:37 PM   #8
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Well, the online experiment, Day 2, was pretty much the complete opposite of Day 1.

Seemed all I played against today were cheesers.

Here's what I dealt with today:

Everyone running no-huddle. Even this one team, where all his legends were on the OL, he ran no-huddle pretty much the entire way.

One guy Exploited Earl with screens. He also ran up the score, which included going for 2 when he was already up by more than 2 scores late.

Moving multiple guys in motion and constantly throwing deep out patterns.

Moving DE and DT off the line of scrimmage.

One guy used signal stealer the entire game, forcing me to constantly audible to try and confuse him.

Guess that's just par for the course online. Kind of disappointing when you want to play sim and you have to deal with all that mess.

Oh, and the slight lag with the kicking game really annoys me. I lost 2 games today b/c of that.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »