Home

For the love of God, help me---Screens

This is a discussion on For the love of God, help me---Screens within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2008, 02:25 PM   #1
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20
For the love of God, help me---Screens

I don't want anyone to think I'm saying screen passes are cheese, cause I'm not. I just don't know how to stop them, specifically in a 3-4. I just played a guy that ran that play over and over again, exclusively,to his generic RB and he beat me because I couldn't stop it.

I would have thought that something like cover 2 hard would have done it for me, but no. In fact, any kind of tight zone doesn't work, as the CB ALWAYS stays with the WR for his first few steps, letting the RB get outside of him and up the field. I even tried doing the goalline full zone,which has everyone on the line and the generic RB still got around me. I also tried assigning both OLB's to the RB for man, but the generic RB outran my legend OLB's everytime. All it did was turn his 10 yard gains into 5 yard gains, which wasn't enough.

The only thing I did that worked was manning my CB's to the RB, which ended up in one fluke interception. I couldn't keep doing this though, because it leaves me so exposed downfield. I suppose I could hot route OLB's to cover for me, but that seems like a lot of work to stop such s imple play. PLEASE HELP!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2008, 02:53 PM   #2
Rookie

BldBlacNGold's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: For the love of God, help me---Screens

So was he running the ball effectively enough not to put some more DB's on the field with nickle or or dime? I thinking if under the in game coaching settings that messing with the match ups might help too. I'm a good rook at this game too, but it sounds like you were playing cheese. Maybe you should try finding yourself a league that is legit.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 34

cover 2 hard, and hot route the wide side OLB or ILB, or both..to the HB.

If you are definetly sure it is coming, hot route the CB to the RB, and hot route the OLB on his side to a cover 2 hard look by pressing down.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:52 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
cover 2 hard, and hot route the wide side OLB or ILB, or both..to the HB.

If you are definetly sure it is coming, hot route the CB to the RB, and hot route the OLB on his side to a cover 2 hard look by pressing down.
lol ^^
just pull off a dline and chase the backside
Old 12-03-2008, 09:24 AM   #5
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
lol ^^
Yeah that is what I do most of the time, if I happen to be rushing from the correct side.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2008, 10:08 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
lol ^^

I dont use a DL. This works well id say 8 out of 10 time, outside of the occasional stupid branched tackle.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:05 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 55

Take your best athlete from your LB's or S's and man up on the RB. He'll follow the RB to the side he is going, along with this you could take another LB or DB and run there too to gang tackle the RB.

I have a gold troy polamalu SS on a league team and he sure does take away the RB if I want him to in cover 1. Polamalu tracks that sorry fool down. If you man up a player on the RB, just make sure he is in even position on defense so the RB doesn't get that ******** ridiculous head start across the field which we all hate so much.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:24 PM   #8
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Take your best athlete from your LB's or S's and man up on the RB. He'll follow the RB to the side he is going, along with this you could take another LB or DB and run there too to gang tackle the RB.

I have a gold troy polamalu SS on a league team and he sure does take away the RB if I want him to in cover 1. Polamalu tracks that sorry fool down. If you man up a player on the RB, just make sure he is in even position on defense so the RB doesn't get that ******** ridiculous head start across the field which we all hate so much.
great tips! How do I make sure he is in "even position"?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »