Home

Matt Snell for MVP and the multi-purpose back

This is a discussion on Matt Snell for MVP and the multi-purpose back within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #9
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Matt Snell for MVP and the multi-purpose back

I've got George McAfee on my current team playing SS and FB in some split-back sets. He's ripped off a few big runs and has good hands in pass routes.

I try not to use him too much so he doesn't tire and have to miss plays on defense.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-11-2009, 11:13 AM   #10
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
I've got George McAfee on my current team playing SS and FB in some split-back sets. He's ripped off a few big runs and has good hands in pass routes.

I try not to use him too much so he doesn't tire and have to miss plays on defense.
thats cool macafee was a very good runner in his day. I like him a lot too.he def has the speed...
Old 03-11-2009, 03:59 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Man, I just put Snell on a team for the first time in forever, and he had 150 or so yards on 15 or so carries, including a 75 yarder. He's not the shiftiest or the fastest, but he's shifty and fast enough. He outruns linebackers pretty well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #12
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

If you want a multi-faceted player, look no further than Joe Perry. He is a Gold FB, but if you incorporate him to play like an H-Back he can do so much. He has great hands, can shed tackles, outrun the defenses straight-line or laterally, and is a pretty good blocker.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:19 PM   #13
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Because of this thread, I created a WCO team with him as my feature back and he is beastly.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:39 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

How do I go about using Taylor in the passing game. Ive tried him out a lot. I really liked the fact he used to be a RB, so I thought he would break more tackles, though he is harder to bring down. The thing that I have a hard time with is his hands. He seems to drop a lot of passes, especially in traffic. I guess it doesnt help that I play with a generic QB.

Who do you use as QB and have success with Taylor, or what strategy do you use to get him the ball?

I really like the idea of using him as a quick back.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:25 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSS
How do I go about using Taylor in the passing game. Ive tried him out a lot. I really liked the fact he used to be a RB, so I thought he would break more tackles, though he is harder to bring down. The thing that I have a hard time with is his hands. He seems to drop a lot of passes, especially in traffic. I guess it doesnt help that I play with a generic QB.

Who do you use as QB and have success with Taylor, or what strategy do you use to get him the ball?

I really like the idea of using him as a quick back.
He needs to be coupled with a deep guy. Him with Lofton is deadly. Basically, he needs to be up on the line of scrimmage to utilize his Bump Buster, with your speed guy at the other WR off the line so he can utilize his speed.

Taylor is excellent at fades, posts and arrow routes. He gets in and out if his breaks really well due to the Quick Feet attribute. If you use him, a deep WR, and a TE, you will be tough to stop.

My Armchairs team has Lofton, Taylor, Eric Martin and Eric Green. I can go 4 wide with all legends, or I form and still have him in the backfield.

I use Bart Starr at QB a lot too. That leaves 6 for Defense, and your offense will now cause severe matchup problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2009, 09:11 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 55

Yep Skid with that build you have it really forces people to not use man coverage against you. I like it. In a game where versatile talent is even more valuable than usual because of the limit on legends, this really stands out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »