Home

OS, good picks for front four?

This is a discussion on OS, good picks for front four? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: OS, good picks for front four?

You can approach this multiple ways, depending if you want your front 4 to really kill it on the pass rush, defend the run and the pass, be great on 3rd and late in the game, etc.

If you want pure pass rush, I'd pick Selmon and Randy White, and then fill in from there. It almost doesn't matter who you pick after that, but Lett can be explosive at the other DT, and your second end can be someone who has a move you're good with.

If you want balance, I'd suggest Reggie White and Keith Millard, as both have the strength to hold up at the point of attack and both have sack master as well. Manley or Simmons would make a nice addition at the other end. The other T could be Hampton, who is very active against the run and will clean up his share in the passing game. Jerome Brown kills the run and can have very dominant games rushing the passer.

If you want 3rd down and late game pressure, Randy White and Gino Marchetti are super good, both having the clutch ability. I'd surround them with players who get a good, consistent pass rush for the rest of the game. Doleman and Oneil are very consistent for me at end. The other DT can be anyone you like.

Those are just a few options; there are lots of other guys who don't get much love but are good.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 29

I've got to say that I've had good luck with some of the Bronze DE's and DT's. Can't recall exactly who, since I've not got the game here - but I think the Perry guy, and some Salmanua or something do quite well for me when I got with them.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:25 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Something else to keep in mind: if you're good manually, don't shy away from guys with Pass Rush but no charged move. Anyone with Pass Rush is extra good at stringing moves together. If you try a swim and don't succeed, you can move right into a spin or a club fluidly and keep the pressure coming. That means you can make a big difference with a Simmons or even a Rulon Jones if you rush them manually.

You have to remember to go light on the stick, though. If you go full out, your moves will be less effective and you'll have a hard time controlling your direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2009, 05:38 PM   #12
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Yo know what I don't understand? in real life, Jack Youngblood was one of the best D Ends ever. But in APF, he's only a silver and isn't very effective at all.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:40 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
Yo know what I don't understand? in real life, Jack Youngblood was one of the best D Ends ever. But in APF, he's only a silver and isn't very effective at all.
Really I think he and Bethea are the best silver DEs.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #14
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigskin11
Really I think he and Bethea are the best silver DEs.
Does he work better for you when you play as him or when you play as someone else?

For me, he doesn't make much of an impact either way.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:26 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
IDK. Whenever I play against him he's very good. He's stout against the run and very active in the pass rush. He may not get 3 sacks a game, but he's always there disrupting the pocket.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »