Home

Workhorse...When does it kick in?

This is a discussion on Workhorse...When does it kick in? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65
Workhorse...When does it kick in?

any thought on workhorse attribute?How many carries before it shows or does it only boost in the 4th quarter?....I have only used O.Anderson and by the 4th q I can tell a big difference but I have also had games where almost immediately he hade huge impact...I try to get him at least 15-20 touches..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Workhorse...When does it kick in?

I think the workhorses need 8-10 carries to really get into the swing of things. If you have one, your offense will need to be geared around feeding them the ball, so you can go with less talent at the other positions to facilitate this. And I think upwards of 15 touches per game is a must, preferably 20. By the time the 4th rolls around, lookout!
Old 02-21-2009, 02:42 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
any thought on workhorse attribute?How many carries before it shows or does it only boost in the 4th quarter?....I have only used O.Anderson and by the 4th q I can tell a big difference but I have also had games where almost immediately he hade huge impact...I try to get him at least 15-20 touches..
pretty much the more you give him the ball he'll be playing better and start breaking more tackles and falling foward more often. Just like my boy Frank Gore. He is a workhorse he starts off slow and just gets about 2 yards a carry then gradually gets better. Thats just how i see it with my experience from using a CAP Frank Gore with Quick Feet,Soft Hands,BT,Workhorse,Power.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49kristian49
pretty much the more you give him the ball he'll be playing better and start breaking more tackles and falling foward more often. Just like my boy Frank Gore. He is a workhorse he starts off slow and just gets about 2 yards a carry then gradually gets better. Thats just how i see it with my experience from using a CAP Frank Gore with Quick Feet,Soft Hands,BT,Workhorse,Power.

Workhorse combined with (Power, Finnesse & Power, BT, etc) creates a headache, thats atleast one automatic broken tackle per carry w/o the user even having to do anything...IMO Workhorse might be the most overpowered offensive ability, personally I think stamina in its place would suffice....

When I think workhorse I think a guy who gets a lot of carries, not a guy who would be tacklers just fall off of. In a SIM build and I'll use Gore as an example no harm intended I'd go with....

Stamina Bonus (gives you realistic back who can carry multiple times)
Cutback Ability
Power
Soft Hands
Quick Feet

I didn't include BT b/c the fact that he's a Gold (those will automatically happen, as well as having power, BT isn't a necessary abilty to have)
For those who haven't notived I'm not a fun of ability stacking on Gold HB's to create beasts Ex: Workhorse, Stamina, Power, BT, and Speedburner (Campbell on "The Juice")

Again nothing agains the guy I quoted just laying down an opinion...disclaimer these kinds of backs can be stopped with the right personnel.

Last edited by s38s38s; 02-21-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:48 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

Think it's way too variable/random to be able to say "Runningback X needs Y carries for Workhorse to kick in." All of the HBs I use have Workhorse (CAP gold Power HB, Chris Warren, Natrone Means, Chrisitan Okoye), and even using the same HB, different games will take different amounts of time to have Workhorse kick in.

Some games with Warren, I'll see an increase in play at about 10-12 carries, sometimes I don't see anything until 20+. With Means, I've seen him pick it up after 10 carries, and sometimes he never gets any better. I've come up with some rough estimates, but it's really a roll of the dice every game.

Gold HBs: 8-12 carries
Silver HBs: 10-15 carries
Bronze HBs: 12-20 carries

These are by no means perfect, it's just a pattern I've noticed a majority of the time. As for the most overpowered offensive skill, I would have to bestow that honor on Route God. Workhorse may be a pain combined with other skills (BT, Power, Quick Feet, Strength), but Route God is a pain all by itself. A bronze WR with Route God will routinely burn and embarrass Silver/Gold DBs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2009, 02:10 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
A bronze WR with Route God will routinely burn and embarrass Silver/Gold DBs.
The Bronze WR will get open more frequently than say a Bronze with Soft Hands, but you lose all other choices, so instead of a Bronze WR with good hands or Acrobatic Catches (Soft Hands/Acrobatic Catch) you have a WR that will drop open passes or not make catches in traffic vs a Bronze with a hands attribute. The Workhorse attribute has no drawbacks (example: on a bronze HB he won't be prone to fumbles). To me its the give all attribute it makes a player exponentially better but doesn't take away another aspect of their play on the field.

Last edited by s38s38s; 02-21-2009 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:57 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49kristian49

how do you get so many things for your gold star people? i can only get 3 lol

and i didnt know if it was possible to get more gold star players on a team instead of 2? because i have no idea how to do that
Old 02-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by goratory666
how do you get so many things for your gold star people? i can only get 3 lol

and i didnt know if it was possible to get more gold star players on a team instead of 2? because i have no idea how to do that
You have to unlock all of the game achievements to be able to create 5-ability golds instead of the normal 3.

There's no way that I know of to get more than 2 gold players on a team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »