Home

Just played the demo.

This is a discussion on Just played the demo. within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2009, 02:34 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Just played the demo.

Just like real football it depends on personnel.

My vikings team has ZERO WR's. Anyone with a couple stars in the secondary can run man coverage and bump me all game and my generic WR's can't get separation.

Then I play someone with a Gold WR and a Gold QB. I am limited in the secondary so I am forced to play much more zone. Playing man to man for me that route would result in the corner getting beat often.

It all depends on personnel, match ups, and play calling. But neither zone or man is better or worse than the other. The situation is the best key on what should be run more often than the other.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

I played the demo last night and am now thinking about going to get 2 used copies for myself and a friend (so I know I have someone to play).
Old 03-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #11
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Just like real football it depends on personnel...
The abilities make APF exponentially more complex than any other sports game out there, because it overrides "traditional" AI. I'm not even sure anymore that a person can say APF is unrealistic or broken. It is what it is, and it's not trying to replicate any league out there.

I used to think the game had problems, until I realized it is it's own thing. Personnel, match ups, play calling... Presnap adjustments, who you play... It all factors in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2009, 03:33 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskrat
I played the demo last night and am now thinking about going to get 2 used copies for myself and a friend (so I know I have someone to play).
That is a brilliant plan. I should have done that myself and get a friend or two into APF.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:37 PM   #13
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
The abilities make APF exponentially more complex than any other sports game out there, because it overrides "traditional" AI. I'm not even sure anymore that a person can say APF is unrealistic or broken. It is what it is, and it's not trying to replicate any league out there.

I used to think the game had problems, until I realized it is it's own thing. Personnel, match ups, play calling... Presnap adjustments, who you play... It all factors in.
first time i agree with a post from you
Old 03-29-2009, 06:47 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave
That is a brilliant plan. I should have done that myself and get a friend or two into APF.
I've also sent a message on xbox live to another friend...preying on his love of the Cowboys to get him to get this game (he currently has Madden).

I do haveto say that one of the things I like is that you can make whoever you want with a little thought...unlike trying to figure out what numerical ratings to give a player in 15 different categories...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »