Home

A decent bronze CAP HB?

This is a discussion on A decent bronze CAP HB? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2009, 11:54 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
A decent bronze CAP HB?

I'm making a team based on 11 people (myself included) that I go to school with, I've got everyone set, but they guy that is the HB is a bronze and I can't find an ability to give him where he plays decently. I don't need him to tear up the field like OJ or Sayers, but so far all the builds I've tried have yet to break 100 yards in a game.

Cutback ability- I thought that having a HB who could make cuts to get around people would be useful, but he turned out to be extremely slow and was consistently tackled at or behind the LoS.

Quick Feet- Best of the ones I've tried, Sped him up a tiny amount and let him make turns a little easier, still not that great though.

Branching tackles- Hoped this one would help him break a tackle or two so that he could still get some yardage after being hit in the backfield. Used it in Practice mode and on roughly 30 carries/catches he never even had a chance to branch out of a tackle.

Just FYI, he's a smaller HB, 5'11" and 190#, so I'm trying to get him to be more of a speedy/elusive HB, the main problem is that he's just too slow. I was thinking of trying Speed Burner or BAB next. Any ideas on what I could try?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2009, 03:28 AM   #2
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: A decent bronze CAP HB?

I think Cutback, Break Away Burst, or Strength Bonus are the best attributes. Cutback lets them make quick cuts, Break Away Burst helps them get around the sides, and Strength Bonus seems to increase the odds of an overall better running back.

To create any good player at a given position, I do the following:

1. Create player with given abilities.
2. Assign player to team.
3. Make player Return man
4. Start game, receive return, test how fast he is in actual game (not practice mode)
5. If he's not fast enough, Edit Player (change anything and save)
6. Repeat Steps 4 through 6 until you have an elite player

Every time you edit a player it seems to randomize their abilities. Just rinse, wash, and repeat until you get a good player. Takes awhile, but sooner or later, you will hit gold!
Old 03-28-2009, 09:10 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

There's no magical ability that turns a bronze HB into a silver HB. Bronze players at least by my observation play slightly better than a generic. Any ability you give them will probably bring that one area up to about the level of a silver without any abilities.

So if you give quick feet or branching tackles to your bronze HB, they'll be a little slower. If you give him speed burner or Breakaway Burst, then he won't be agile or be able to break hardly any tackles.

Maybe you just need to make him a silver?
Old 03-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

I had a guy use a bronze CAP with Breakaway Burst and he smoked me with him.

He played like a gold, and Im usually pretty good against the run.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:19 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjell1979
There's no magical ability that turns a bronze HB into a silver HB.

Maybe you just need to make him a silver?
I wasn't looking for a magical ability to make him on par with a SIlver HB, I just want him to not suck. Look at what people can do with some of the in-game Bronze HBs (Okoye, Means, Megget, McNiel, Bienemy), I would love to have him be half as good as any of those guys. I would bump him up to a silver, but I already have the three silver guys set and I can't afford to bump any of them down to Bronze to make room for him.

Thanks for the other input Val and Doc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I wasn't looking for a magical ability to make him on par with a SIlver HB, I just want him to not suck. Look at what people can do with some of the in-game Bronze HBs (Okoye, Means, Megget, McNiel, Bienemy), I would love to have him be half as good as any of those guys. I would bump him up to a silver, but I already have the three silver guys set and I can't afford to bump any of them down to Bronze to make room for him.

Thanks for the other input Val and Doc.
In that case, I think the one HB ability that carries the most weight is workhorse. If you're willing to feed your HB the ball many times per game, and don't abandon the running game in the 4th quarter, he'll be really good at the end of the game.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:26 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 18

i made my joseph addai for the rttsb2 league, he's got speed burner as his only ability, but dude's been doing pretty well. makes all the catches, even on receiver routes, turns the corner pretty well, and is breaking more tackles than i expected.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:37 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjell1979
In that case, I think the one HB ability that carries the most weight is workhorse. If you're willing to feed your HB the ball many times per game, and don't abandon the running game in the 4th quarter, he'll be really good at the end of the game.
Tempting, but I've been trying to stay away from Workhorse because it's an overpowered ability IMO, I think that stamina bonus accomplishes what workhorse should really do (let an HB take a lot of carries without dropping off in production from being tired). Also, the team is more of a passing team (Gold QB, Silver TE, two Bronze WRs), so I don't know if I'd be able to run the ball enough for Workhorse to be worth it.

Sorry to keep shooting down your suggestions, they're good, but they just don't fit what I need. I was thinking of trying out Soft Hands and using him mainly as a reciever out of the backfield, but he would still have the problem of being slow and being taken down easily...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »