Home

Why no updates???

This is a discussion on Why no updates??? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Why no updates???

Cant they just give us an update for this game? I know there are lots of players that they could add like Bo Jackson and John Riggins. I would be happy for an update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Why no updates???

Nope, I don't think APF sold well enough to merit DLC with more legends (because anything adding legends would be DLC that you would have to pay for). The 360 got a patch fixing a few things, but the PS3 didn't even get that.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:21 AM   #3
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
Nope, I don't think APF sold well enough to merit DLC with more legends (because anything adding legends would be DLC that you would have to pay for). The 360 got a patch fixing a few things, but the PS3 didn't even get that.
I don't quite buy the whole it didn't sell well enough pitch. It's sold better than NHL, and they still put that out yearly. It sold better than their Major League FOM title.

I think the big problem is that the theme wasn't something they could carry over year after year (like Blitz the league has managed to do by adding a storyline/franchise).

If they cut the legends, and the advertising (most of which was worthless anyhow), and focus on the game and customization, with new customization options / tools (for the PC) and a storyline / franchise default settting, IMHO it would sell much better and they'd have something year over year fans would be looking forward to playing.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I don't quite buy the whole it didn't sell well enough pitch. It's sold better than NHL, and they still put that out yearly. It sold better than their Major League FOM title.
I think you have to look at the other games in the same sport, you can't compare Football to Hockey. If NHL 09 outsells NHL 2k9 at a ratio of 2:1, that's not as bad as Madden 08 outselling APF 2k8 at a ratio of 4:1 or 5:1. NHL 2k9 could still have a better portion of the hockey game market than APF does of the football game market while selling fewer total copies.

Quote:
I think the big problem is that the theme wasn't something they could carry over year after year (like Blitz the league has managed to do by adding a storyline/franchise).
This was probably a big factor too.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:07 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
There are two reasons why this is. First, they have a license agreement with the NHL to produce a game. They might be contractually obligated to release one or else they'll could be sued. At the very least, if they don't produce a game they could let EA get another exclusive license in that sport.

Second, how much money does it cost to make NHL 2K9 versus APF 2K10? Without knowing that, you cannot judge their decisions based on total sales. Yeah the NHL license might have cost a lot, but what if it cost more to sign all those retired players? What if the engineering effort was more costly?

If people are willing to give a new APF game their support, then shouldn't we trust that the top brass there are working hard not to alienate you as fans?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »