Home

Can I give CAP DL and OLBs "Swim"?

This is a discussion on Can I give CAP DL and OLBs "Swim"? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2009, 01:58 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: Can I give CAP DL and OLBs "Swim"?

If your not manually using your LB than I would either spy the QB or send him on a delayed blitz. If send him on a normal blitz the o-line picks him up easily but the delay helps him come clean.

Next issue is this....

Game has been out over 2 years now and most people know how to beat a big pass rush. The hardest thing to avoid is a pass rush up the middle so Dan Hampton is a beast all by himself at the 2nd spot in the DT rotation. You only need 1 D_line but he should play DT.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 12:59 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
I can't stand not being able to make an effective pass rusher. My Fins team, with Joey Porter and Jason Taylor, can't get a lick of pressure.
A silver or gold LB with rip will get through really well when sent on a hot blitz. Don't do it to a bronze. It's a waste. Hope this helps.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lankylegz89
A silver or gold LB with rip will get through really well when sent on a hot blitz. Don't do it to a bronze. It's a waste. Hope this helps.
Not true

I played a guy who had Randall Cunningham, Maynard, Clark, Coats, and when he would throw deep just about every play I put Otis Wilson to spy on Randall and as soon as he dropped Randall pass the Pocket Otis came in like a bunch of crazed dogs. I was playing a 3-4 defense and otis was playing left OLB and he ended up having 10 sacks in that game without me controlling him at all. Thta is not a misprint LOL. He had 10 sacks while he was spying Randall and I had 13 sacks overall in that game. QB spy works better than any other hot blitz if your opponent drops too far from the pocket or goes outside the pocket. My opponent quit the game or he would have had more

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Otis Wilson is excellent in pass rushing situations!

- If I were going to creat a pass rushing 3-4 LB- I would follow the NFL mold. Try to make him a hybrid- small for an end, big for a lb (250-260 llbs). I would give him a swim move. I also think quick feet will help more than speed burner.

- If you can't create that- I definitely agree with LC Greenwood- he is very good in this role, and can lead to a lot of fumbles if you get to the QB quickly. I have also seen Dexter Manly used very well in this role.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »