Home

apf 2k8 dissapointment

This is a discussion on apf 2k8 dissapointment within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: apf 2k8 dissapointment

I always go with a generic QB. If I use the left stick well, and maximum pass, the results are pretty damn good.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
It's still mashing the A button.

And I don't know if it's unusual, but I use a generic QB on the team that I've been playing with recently. His name is Lowell Doyle and he's sickkk.
Lowell Doyell is the 2nd coming of Johnny Unitas, LOL. I LOVE him. He's got some weaknesses but he can PLAY !

Generics, like their Hall of fame counter parts have strengths you can use. Its just a matter of finding out through trial and error what they do well and what they suck at, then using them accordingly.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:06 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
Agreed. That, to me, is the thing that wears me out most about the game. This game could last 5 years and still stay fresh if the generics' talents were more evenly balanced throughout the various positions.

I'm a bit of a fanatic about switching team personnel, and I tire of seeing the same builds and players over and over again online. In that regard, Madden will be a breath of fresh air. At least in the league environment I know I'll be facing lots of different team/personnel/scheme types.
I think the fact that the generics are such a mystery in some aspects, and the fact they create holes in your offense/defense is what makes this game great. That combined with how well the legends are distinguishable among each other. Match ups make this game so strategic and because the core game is done well your play calling can help make up for weakness in your teams build.

We are all hoping for this in Madden 2010.

Have they created a ratings system as good as Ap2k8 ?

If they have not and the teams play simular to each other as they have in the past, you are really gonna be bored facing the Pats/Steelers/Cardinals/Eagles/Cowboys/colts over and overand over again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I think the fact that the generics are such a mystery in some aspects, and the fact they create holes in your offense/defense is what makes this game great. That combined with how well the legends are distinguishable among each other. Match ups make this game so strategic and because the core game is done well your play calling can help make up for weakness in your teams build.

We are all hoping for this in Madden 2010.

Have they created a ratings system as good as Ap2k8 ?

If they have not and the teams play simular to each other as they have in the past, you are really gonna be bored facing the Pats/Steelers/Cardinals/Eagles/Cowboys/colts over and overand over again
As long as there's a nice visible "overall team rating" number we're going to be playing those teams over and over and over again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »