Home

A new way to look at APF

This is a discussion on A new way to look at APF within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: A new way to look at APF

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Sign in with a 2nd controller, have the 2nd player pick the other team, play the game, pause, go to change users (not sure actual term) then move the 2nd controller back to the middle/cpu, unpause & play.

It works really well if you want to practice against online-type team builds (as opposed to the in-game teams) and if you have VIPs of other online players it can make for intersting games.
Wow. I've had this game since January and never thought of that. I'm gonna try that.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:58 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 55

Yeah I love gamelogs and reports so if you enjoy that you know you'll have one avid follower
Old 08-09-2009, 01:04 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

I love this game, when I play it takes me back to a kid. All Pro 2K8 is like playing Tecmo Bowl, Tecmo Superbowl, Tecmo Superbowl Final Edition, Sports Talk 92, Sports Talk 94, NFL 2k-NFL 2k5 wrapped into one. Quite Simply, this game is GOAT to me!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 01:17 AM   #12
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stead21
I love this game, when I play it takes me back to a kid. All Pro 2K8 is like playing Tecmo Bowl, Tecmo Superbowl, Tecmo Superbowl Final Edition, Sports Talk 92, Sports Talk 94, NFL 2k-NFL 2k5 wrapped into one. Quite Simply, this game is GOAT to me!
I love this game too. I am going to try that created team against another created team. Awesome idea.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 16

Yeh me and my brother would sit for hours and play tecmo bowl and kept stats on the games we played, my mother went threw three sewing boxes because i would use them as a table sitting on the floor and when bo or kevin mack would break a run on me i would hit my stat book thus breaking the sewing box underneth, ahhh the memorys ...(dork i am)
Old 08-15-2009, 01:56 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 9

I have every division in the NFL saved as a franchise filed (example-NFC South I have the Saints, Panthers, Bucs, and Falcons). Using the season save trick that means I have all 32 teams avalible for exhibtion. I get bored easily lol
Old 08-16-2009, 12:09 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 10

Here's my Q:

I have 8 teams all ready created and I want to create 8 more. I am a little unsure of how this works. Am I supposed to save a season mode (for the original 8 teams - then create 8 more teams and save them in a season mode too? If so, how would I play an exhibition betw one of the created teams from one saved season against another created team from the other saved season? I hope I am making sense. I am just not certain how this is being done. Thx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 12:27 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by idobrl
First of all, I don't play online because I travel most of the time. So, here's what I'm doing instead of buying M10: I've created my favorite NFL team with 10 caps (I pick one bronze legend and bury him in the depth chart). I'm also creating all of the teams my team is playing this season also with 10 caps, then save both on a season file. I will then play out the 2009 season like a franchise if you will. I've also been watching NFL footage so I can set the playbooks with the exact formations and kinds of plays each team runs in real life. This is as sim as it can get and Madden cannot give me this because of their playbooks.

IMO, some of the legends are just too overpowered for me, and honestly, I'm tired of playing against them. This has me excited about APF again! It's almost like I have a new game! I'm having a blast building these teams and getting them all just right.

Just wanted to throw that out for someone who doesn't want to sacrifice gameplay but needs the NFL experience.

Keep the faith!
Yeah, but you still have to create Gold, Silver and Bronze CAPS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »