Home

How do you put your TE in a WR slot?

This is a discussion on How do you put your TE in a WR slot? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
How do you put your TE in a WR slot?

I have a shotgun formation (I think it's called "Left" or something) where my TE (Pete Metzellars) isn't even in the action (not on the field at all). I'd like to move him into one of the receiver spots, especially since he's more likely to actually catch the ball compared to both of the nearly useless generics in that formation.

I went to substitutions and the other similar menu (depth chart perhaps?) and I couldn't do it. I went to the WR spots and I could only choose between my 2 legend receivers who already have a designated spot, and my 2 generic WRs. I was unable to scroll to anybody other than the 4 total WRs on my team.

So I thought it couldn't be done...then I just played an online game where my opponent had Pete Metzellars in a WR slot - off the O-Line, making catches, just like I've been wanting to do.

Can anyone explain this? I hope when I figure out how to do it, I can "set it and forget it" by doing it offline so it's always like that, I hate having to do everything during an online game. It annoys me when people pause and make all sorts of substitions when they could do it all on "their time."

Thanks for your help in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 08:28 AM   #2
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: How do you put your TE in a WR slot?

There are formations in Single Back that have TEs in various formations (usually have the word "Tight" or "Ace" in them). But the easiest way to sub players in is fromt he Substitutions screen. Go to the position you want to sub and then press one of the Bumper/Shoulder buttons to be able to cycle through players by position.

PLEASE NOTE: When you do a sub like this the game will save this sub FOREVER. So even if you don't have a Legend TE next time you rebuild that same team a TE will still be subbed in there. This goes for any manual subs made in the game menus (this excludes subs made in-game, those always revert back to whatever they were before the game was played).

I always have one roster/team where I don't mess with any subs so that way I can always go back in and paste that same roster file over any team that has changed subs.

If this is confusing let me know and I'll try to explain it a little better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »